RANKED: The 20 best TV shows of 2016 so far, according to critics
For occasions such as this, it helps to get some pointers from those who make it their living to watch and review all the choices out there.
More outlets are creating TV content, from streaming-video companies like Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu, to cable networks increasingly getting into the scripted-show game, like Bravo, E!, and Spike.
Metacritic keeps track of a curated group of critics, assigns each review a number according to how positive or negative it was, and then creates a weighted average score for each show.
Here are the 20 most critically-acclaimed TV shows of 2016 so far, according to their Metacritic scores.
- EAM Jaishankar meets Australian Intelligence chief Andrew Shearer on sidelines of Raisina Dialogue
- Sustainable Tourism Practices
- Byju's shareholders vote to remove CEO, family; company calls vote invalid
- Engaging with competent authorities, use only genuine cheese, says McDonald's
- Apple's India revenue up 42% to $8.7 bn in 2023: Morgan Stanley