Ratan Tata's most inspirational quotes on life, business and culture
- The man who ran the $67 billion Tata conglomerate for 21 years, is known to be a visionary who ran his business for his people, and employees as much as shareholders.
- Here are some of the best quotes by Ratan Tata
The man who ran the $67 billion Tata conglomerate for 21 years, is known to be a visionary who ran his business for his people, and employees as much as shareholders.
He retired in 2014, but continues to remain the chairman emeritus of the group which has interests ranging from cars to salt factories to technology and power plants and airlines. He also made personal investments in several startups.
The octogenarian has a lot of wisdom to share, and here are some of his best quotes :
One should aim to deliver more than what is expected of him. It stands out to be a great practice to get noticed for the difference one is making
Before any state, creed or religion, we should not forget that we are Indians
As you grow older, you become - everybody becomes - less inflexible and a little more accommodating
There are a plethora of ideas out in the world but only a few have the courage to go ahead and execute it. If one strongly believes in his idea, he must also muster all the courage and not fear to put it into action.
The day I am not able to fly, will be a sad day for me
I have been constantly telling people to encourage people to question the unquestioned and not to be ashamed to bring up new ideas, new processes to get things done.
I would say that one of the things I wish I could do differently would be to be more outgoing.
People still believe what they read is necessarily the truth.
Popular on BI
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- My fiancé and I picked out my engagement ring together before he proposed, and I don't regret missing out on the surprise
- Two Mukesh Ambani-owned companies are among India’s top 5 valuable brands
- TVS, Ather, Ola hike prices of electric two-wheelers as new subsidy norms kick in
- IKIO Lighting sets IPO price band at ₹270-285/share
- Royal Enfield sales rise 22% in May at 77,461 units
- GST collection rises 12% to ₹1.57 lakh crore in May