Redmi Note 8 is coming soon and it will be 'much stronger' than a door
- Xiaomi Vice President and Redmi's General Manager Lu Weibing confirmed that there's a Redmi 8 smartphone in the works on the Chinese microblogging site Weibo.
- He stated that the Redmi 8 will be 'much stronger than the next door'.
- Late last month, Xiaomi's Product Director hinted at a new product launch in August, which led to speculations of the Redmi 8 being unveiled at the event.
TOP VIDEOS FOR YOUXiaomi's Vice President and General Manager of Redmi, Lu Weibing, confirmed rumours of the next generation of Redmi smartphones, the Redmi Note 8, being in the works while responding to Mi fans on Weibo.
He stated that the Redmi Note 8 will be "much stronger than the next door, rest assured," according to ITHome.
The development comes after Xiaomi's Product Director, Wang Teng, disclosed that there was a new product launch scheduled for August.
A 64-megapixel camera
Earlier this year, Redmi announced that it was working on a new prototype with a 64-megapixel camera. Though no official comment has been made, tech analysts expect the Redmi Note 8 to feature the new camera.
It wouldn't be surprising if the Redmi Note 8 has the new sensor since Samsung also announced its new GW1 sensor that can capture a 64-megapixel resolution.
And, since Samsung isn't just a smartphone manufacturer and also supplies these sensors to other phone makers — the upcoming Realme smartphone is speculated to sport the new sensor in another megapixel war after the debut of Sony's 48-megapixel sensor.
AdvertisementIt's expected that the Redmi Note 8 will be powered by the MediaTek Helio G90 chipset because the General Manager of MediaTek Wireless Communication, TL Lee, revealed that Xiaomi will be the first company to launch a smartphone powered by the new Helio G90 chipset earlier this week.
The G90 chipset consists of ARM's Cortex-A55 and Cortex-A76 cores and the graphics are handled by the Mali-G76 GPU. The G90 chipset also has the capability to support a single 64-megapixel camera.
Redmi is expected to make an announcement regarding its 64-megapixel sensor at an event in China tomorrow.
- Legendary Indian sprinter Milkha Singh to be cremated with state honours in Chandigarh
- Father’s Day 2021 -- here is a list of some memorable quotes and greetings
- Weekly crypto roundup: Burry’s crypto crash prediction, rapper Raftaar accepting crypto, crypto mining migration, and more
- Fully automatic washing machine for small family
- Best webcams for computer video conferencing