Reliance Jio to invest Rs 30,000 crore to enhance network coverage
RIL board in its meeting on Friday decided to make the rights issue to raise up to Rs 30,000 crore, it said in the notice. The
Jio’s launch has disrupted the market, as rivals like Bharti Airtel, Vodafone India and Idea Cellular were also forced to cut prices, even as the industry returned to a phase of margin denting price war. The company has built a next generation data network with 4G technology and created an ecosystem comprising network, devices, applications and content. Within four months of the launch, it has signed up 72.4 million subscribers.
Popular on BI
- WATCH: "Someone said I am good enough to be a rickshaw puller," shares Freshworks CEO Girish Mathrubootham in a candid chat
- Crypto is about much more than just 'cryptocurrencies'
- DC vs RR: Who will win today’s IPL match?
- We asked three spacetech entrepreneurs what it takes to enter the field and they listed out the opportunities
- Ethereum’s scaling issues strike again as TIME Magazine’s NFTs sell for 30 times their price