Rent A Gent is a startup that lets you rent a platonic male friend for $200 an hour - here's what it's like to use
Sound familiar? It's a regular refrain for single ladies. Sometimes you can rustle up a friend, or find a date. But when that fails, we can now look to options like Rent A Gent, a site that sets you up with a professional platonic date. No funny business, it claims: just a dependable (and dependably attractive) companion for a few hours.
"We provide a service that's not on the market," Rent A Gent's Creative Director, Jon, told Business Insider. "It's something different and classy. These are more GQ-type guys."
Unlike the escort options you may be thinking of, the Rent A Gent service is about "empowering women"; Rent A Gent prioritizes meaningful conversation, and the service costs $200 an hour.
You may be surprised to hear it isn't the only startup of its kind either. ManServants is a similar service that lets people rent men to wait on them hand and foot, and it costs $125 an hour.
On New York's coldest day of the year so far, I took Rent A Gent for a spin. Our date: The Metropolitan Museum of Art, where people flock to find beauty.
- EAM Jaishankar meets Australian Intelligence chief Andrew Shearer on sidelines of Raisina Dialogue
- Sustainable Tourism Practices
- Byju's shareholders vote to remove CEO, family; company calls vote invalid
- Engaging with competent authorities, use only genuine cheese, says McDonald's
- Apple's India revenue up 42% to $8.7 bn in 2023: Morgan Stanley