REPORT: Obama Will Announce His New Gun Control Proposals Wednesday, And He Already Has A Plan To Get Around Congress
In addition to the legislative proposals, the new plan includes 19 executive orders that the
The executive orders, first detailed by Vice President Joe Biden in a meeting with House Democrats Monday, include:
- New limits on imported
- Allowing federal agencies to share mental health records
- Sharing of gun databases among federal and state agencies
- Direct the Center for Disease Control and Prevention to resume research on gun violence
- Increased enforcement of existing laws
- Prosecution of people who lie on background checks.
Rep. Bobby Scott (D-Va.) told POLITICO that the executive orders were designed to reinforce existing laws, while getting as much as possible done independently from Congress in order to maintain political capital and frame the debate in a finite way.
President George H.W. Bush and Bill Clinton both used executive orders as a strategy to deal with
- Gas stoves create more nanoparticle pollution than a busy street with diesel and gas cars, study finds
- Climate change could cause millions of children to be born prematurely, suffer lifelong complications
- Markets record rally makes investors richer by ₹4.29 lakh crore
- From undernutrition to obesity, Lancet study unveils India's double whammy
- GST collections in February rise 12.5% to cross ₹1.68 lakh crore