Report on net neutrality submitted to Telecom Minister
AdvertisementA telecom department panel on
The report, which has been compiled by a six-member committee appointed in January, comes at a time when the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (
Some members of the committee felt that the definition (of net neutrality) should not be at cross-purposes with the government's policy and objectives of Digital India. The upshot is that essential services such as e-governance, as envisaged in the 'Digital India' plan, should be delivered on a preferential basis to end-users.
The final Trai report along with the internal committee's report will together define the government's policy on net neutrality.
Last month, Prasad in Rajya Sabha had announced that the government was in favour of maintaining the core principles of net neutrality and internet for all.
(image credits: www.gammanews.in)
Popular on BI
- Investors to go ahead with Friday meet to oust Byju's CEO amid court order
- Mohammed Shami ruled out of IPL, to undergo ankle surgery
- Here are the 8 eating habits that could upset your stomach
- 10 best places to visit in Azerbaijan for Indian tourists
- ED upgrades Look out Circular against BYJU's promoter Byju Raveendran