Report: 'Some conversations have occurred between Nick Saban and Chip Kelly' about joining forces at Alabama
As soon as Sarkisian's move was announced, speculation immediately turned to former 49ers head coach Chip Kelly to become Nick Saban's next offensive coordinator. Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Kelly will indeed be considered for the position and that conversations have already occurred in the last two days.
"My understanding is that there have been some conversations that have occurred between Nick Saban and Chip Kelly," Schefter said on ESPN Radio. "Now, whether or not it is enough to materialize into Nick Saban offering the job, Chip Kelly accepting the job, that's another issue. But I can tell there at least have been some conversations that have gone on over the last 24-48 hours between those two individuals."
Schefter added that he did not know if Kelly would be hired, but noted that he is a candidate.
"At the very least, my understanding is that Chip Kelly will be in consideration for that job and we will find out whether or not Nick Saban goes in that direction," Schefter said.
Kelly enjoyed his greatest success as a coach at the college level with the University of Oregon.
With Sarkisian leaving Alabama, that means Saban will be on to his third offensive coordinator in just the past two months. Sarkisian served in the role for just one game - the college football national championship game - after Lane Kiffin and Saban parted ways, with Kiffin moving on to his next job as the head coach at Florida Atlantic University.
- I bought a car wash at 22 years old. It basically runs itself — and I make $5,500 in passive income each month.
- Companies say Elon Musk's plan to charge $1,000 for month for Twitter checkmarks is 'outlandish' and makes them 'meaningless'
- A lawyer who quit to become an OnlyFans performer says she now makes more money and is happier
- Deadline to link Aadhaar and PAN extended to 30 June, 2023
- Market regulator SEBI eases FPI onboarding process
- Amid layoff doom, hiring outlook remains strong for blue-collar jobs in manufacturing and services: TeamLease
- India now has a vending machine for Biryani. Here’s everything to know about it
- REITs and InvITs become attractive after major taxation overhang removed