5 easy ways you can save money shopping online, according to a savings expert
- In early 2019, online shopping surpassed shopping conducted in physical stores for the first time in American history.
- With five easy tricks up your sleeve, you can save hundreds of dollars a year shopping online for products you were already going to buy anyway.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
The question is no longer whether or not online shopping is here to stay, it's whether brick-and-mortar stores are going to make it.
In early 2019, the sales volume of so-called non-store shopping, aka online shopping, surpassed the volume of sales at brick-and-mortar locations for the first time in the nation's history. With four out of five Americans now shopping online, this type of commerce is the new normal.
Considering the fact that you and just about everyone else in America will be doing more and more of your buying via computer, tablet, or smartphone, it's important that you learn ways to save money when shopping online, which you can do without changing the types of purchases you make.
Andrew Scarborough, cofounder and chief operations officer of PriceWaiter, said he knows that "everyone is looking to save some money when they shop online right now."
Here, he offers up five top tips to help you do just that.
Use online resources like cash-back websites and coupon and promo code aggregators to your advantage.
Leave it in the cart and play the waiting game.
Time your purchases based on the season or the holidays.
Sign up for emails, newsletters, and select memberships — you never know what exclusive deals you'll be offered.
Don't forget to comparison shop.
- RBI’s lower rate hike as expected, but Das’ commentary still hawkish, say analysts
- Chinese vaccines proven ineffective becoming problem for world: The Singapore Post
- IAF boosts Su-30 aircrafts' capabilities with new over 250km strike range missile
- Over the top growth: OTT subscribers up 20% this year to 424 million, says Ormax
- Sikandar Kher, Sushmita Sen begin preps for 'Aarya 3'
- Jio Haptik
- Reliance Jio
- Digital Nomad Visa
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- RBI hikes repo rate
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Most Valuable Companies
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Kama Holdings
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World