5 easy ways you can save money shopping online, according to a savings expert
- In early 2019, online shopping surpassed shopping conducted in physical stores for the first time in American history.
- With five easy tricks up your sleeve, you can save hundreds of dollars a year shopping online for products you were already going to buy anyway.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
The question is no longer whether or not online shopping is here to stay, it's whether brick-and-mortar stores are going to make it.In early 2019, the sales volume of so-called non-store shopping, aka online shopping, surpassed the volume of sales at brick-and-mortar locations for the first time in the nation's history. With four out of five Americans now shopping online, this type of commerce is the new normal.
Andrew Scarborough, cofounder and chief operations officer of PriceWaiter, said he knows that "everyone is looking to save some money when they shop online right now."Here, he offers up five top tips to help you do just that.
Use online resources like cash-back websites and coupon and promo code aggregators to your advantage.
Leave it in the cart and play the waiting game.
Time your purchases based on the season or the holidays.
Sign up for emails, newsletters, and select memberships — you never know what exclusive deals you'll be offered.
Don't forget to comparison shop.
- Chris Gayle appears four times in the top 10 list of most sixes hit in an IPL match
- Up-close and not so personal with Munnar’s pit vipers, gliding frogs and more
- Haryana government extends lockdown in the state till May 24
- UK's Cairn Energy identifies $70 billion Indian assets for seizing to recover amount due from government
- States to receive nearly 51 lakh COVID-19 vaccine doses in next three days, says Union Health Ministry