7 reasons I'd choose a hotel over Airbnb any day
- I've found that Airbnb combines the negative aspects of being at home with none of the amenities of a hotel.
- Comparing check-in processes and other aspects, here are seven reasons why I'd rather stay at a hotel than an Airbnb.
Airbnb was founded to allow homeowners and tenants to make extra money by renting a room or a whole apartment when they were away.
Ideally, travelers could find a place to stay for a fraction of the price of even a cheap hotel.
It seemed like a good idea, but, like so many tech startups, the online rental platform has had unintended negative consequences.
On that note, here are seven reasons why I'd choose a hotel over Airbnb any day:
1. Hotels have easier check-in
2. With a hotel, what you see is what you get
3. Hotels won't cancel on you with short notice
4. Hotels have a concierge
5. Airbnb has been a platform for racial discrimination
6. Hotels aren't necessarily more expensive than an Airbnb
7. You can jump on a hotel room bed
Popular on BI
- Air India passengers stranded in Siberia for 2 days were abandoned by the crew, had to sleep on the floor, and were only given bread and rice, relative says
- Foreign investors have been dumping vast amounts of Chinese assets, and putting money there will only get riskier
- Trump acted like 'the Godfather if it was reenacted by a 5-year-old' to try to keep his hands clean in Mar-a-Lago case: experts
- A complete itinerary for your 3 days in Srinagar
- List of famous things to buy in Munnar
- Ads that sailed into the eye of a controversy
- India tops world ranking in digital payments, records 89.5 million transactions in 2022: MyGovIndia
- Will regulate AI and ensure it doesn't harm digital citizens: Rajeev Chandrasekhar