A 27-year-old Costco fanatic loves the store so much he got a Kirkland Signature tattoo and had a birthday party in the food court
- Among the hoard of Costco devotees and fanatics, Max Ellinger ranks supreme.
- The 27-year-old loves the store so much, that he got a tattoo of Costco's in-house Kirkland Signature brand on his arm.
- He also had his birthday party in the Costco food court in 2015 and once took a date to the store.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
People love Costco - some more than others.
A Gold Star Executive member of the warehouse store, Max Ellinger is a Costco loyalist through and through, visiting the store nearly three times a week. The 27-year-old told Business Insider he had his birthday party in the Costco food court in 2015 and once even took a date to the store.
"I think all of the people who have weird attachments to Costco have a pretty similar story," said the West Coast native who is also a Costco credit cardholder.
It's true that Costco has a committed fan base, but Ellinger's devotion runs deeper than most.
At age 17, Ellinger went through a difficult time after graduating high school early. To cope, he turned to Costco.
Ellinger sports a tattoo of the logo of Kirkland Signature, Costco's in-house brand.
To convince Costco to make the cake, Reck said that Ellinger had a Costco tattoo — which was a lie at the time.
The plan worked. Ellinger's co-workers and friends succeeded in getting him a cake, complete with the much sought-after logo.
There's a lot that Ellinger loves about Costco.
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma steps down as Paytm Payments Bank Chairman
- Goa partners with World Bank to tackle sea level rise, coastal erosion and other climate change-related hazards
- Samsung unveils Galaxy Ring with health-tracking features at MWC
- Govt may look at enhanced KYC requirements for certain class of corporates
- Sebi cautions investors against fraudulent trading platforms offering stock mkt access via FPI route