A Wall Street bank just issued the most dire prediction yet about US shopping malls
Oli Scarff/Getty Images
In a research note published Tuesday, the bank estimated that between 20% and 25% of the nation's 1,100 shopping malls - or roughly 220 to 275 shopping centers - will shut down by 2022.
Credit Suisse cited mass store closures, the rise of ecommerce, and the growing popularity of off-price chains - which tend to be located outside of shopping malls - as reasons for the potential mall closures.
About 3,600 store closures have been announced so far this year.
Credit Suisse estimates that about 8,640 store closures will ultimately close by December.
The firm also estimates that ecommerce will grow from 17% of apparel sales today to 37% of apparel sales by 2030.
NOW WATCH: This smart watch has mechanical clock hands
- Best portable room heaters in India
- Best nose pins for those without piercing in India
- Best high speed blenders in India
- G7 leaders favour CBDCs provided they ‘support and do no harm’ to central banks
- India's farmers protest takes a gruesome turn with a chilling murder at the scene — here’s the sequence of events
- India T20 World cup Jersey
- Photo Editors Apps
- Advantage Club Hiring
- Best Indian Companies
- Dussehra Messages
- Punit Goenka
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- Oneplus 9rt smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- Nykaa IPO
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons