Lowe's website crashed during Black Friday sales
- Lowe's website crashed during Black Friday sales shopping.
- Customers complained on Twitter that they were unable to make any purchases online. The website was then temporarily shut down.
- On Friday afternoon, it relaunched.
Lowe's website crashed midway through Black Friday sales shopping and customers took to social media to complain.
"Lowe's, can you at least provide an ETA on the website fix so I can stop refreshing every 30 seconds like an idiot," one customer wrote on Twitter.
Other customers threatened to shop elsewhere.
Lowe's apologized to customers on Twitter and temporarily shut down the site. It was relaunched on Friday afternoon around 2.30 p.m. ET.
Experts say these problems are likely due to stores not having the sufficient infrastructure to handle increased traffic online.
"If you have not load tested your site at five times normal traffic volumes, your site will probably fail," Bob Buffone, chief technology officer at web-optimization software company Yottaa, told Business Insider's Kate Taylor on Thursday.
According to Adobe Analytics, online shopping is booming this Thanksgiving and Black Friday. Online sales were up 28% on Thanksgiving Day this year and are on track to hit over $6.4 billion on Black Friday.
More on Black Friday 2018:
- Thanksgiving is killing Black Friday by replacing it
- Black Friday deals sold out at stores like Walmart and Target before Friday even began - and people are furious
- Macy's, Best Buy, Kohl's, and JCPenney are being slammed for being open on Thanksgiving - and some people are threatening not to shop with them this holiday season
- Walmart says it's offering thousands more deals than last year on Cyber Monday in a direct shot at Amazon's most valuable day
- Walmart shoppers are complaining that stores are running out of iPhones as Black Friday sales begin
Lowes is your page down. Been trying for an hour to order an item and it crashes every time I enter my cart.- J Music (@MrJMusic) November 23, 2018
@Lowes Your IT department must be going nuts. The website has been down half the day.- LuckyThePainproofMan (@painprooflucky) November 23, 2018
So far, ordered online for Lowe's. Was able to print order confirmation. Credit card has not been charged, and now their entire web site appears to be down.- Julia (@JulFromFL) November 23, 2018
@Lowes You have the most broken site on the Internet !- Renjith Nair (@shrirenjith) October 27, 2018
- PM Modi shares image of tailor on the street using Paytm, calls it a common sight across India
- Adani Enterprises’ ₹20,000 crore FPO fully subscribed on the last day
- I was working toward a promotion at Amazon when my manager started emailing me about needing coaching. Now I'm worried about losing my job.
- All major automakers except Bajaj Auto expected to register growth in January say brokerages
- India's core sector output rises by 7.4 per cent in December
- Indian start-ups are looking at reverse flipping says Economic Survey
- This cheesecake startup refused to give up a slice of its company for a lower valuation on Shark Tank India
- SC suggest Nirav Modi's bro-in-law to give letter of authority to CBI to access offshore bank accounts