A 16-year-old entrepreneur reportedly brought in $1.7 million reselling video games, outdoor heaters, and above-ground swimming pools at sky-high prices during the pandemic
- A New Jersey teen made $1.7 million in revenue reselling low-stock items, per The Wall Street Journal.
- Max Hayden, 16, said he sold items such as outdoor heaters for double their
retailprice during the pandemic.
Gen Zare increasingly finding new ways to make money online.
Max Hayden, a 16-year-old New Jersey resident, reportedly pulled in $1.7 million in revenue flipping out-of-stock items online during the pandemic, including video games and outdoor heaters.In an interview with The Wall Street Journal, the teen
View all Offers
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Blue Haze, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Extra upto Rs.1000 off on Exchange₹ 29999Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9A (Nature Green, 2GB RAM, 32GB Storage) | 2GHz Octa-core Helio G25 Processor | 5000 mAh Battery₹ 6999₹ 8499Buy On
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Gray Sierra, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Extra upto Rs.1000 off on Exchange₹ 29999Buy On
- 19% OFF
Redmi Note 10 (Aqua Green, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) -Amoled Dot Display | 48MP Sony Sensor IMX582 | Snapdragon 678 Processor₹ 12999₹ 15999Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9 (Carbon Black, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) | 2.3GHz Mediatek Helio G35 Octa core Processor₹ 8999₹ 10999Buy On
Hayden reportedly devotes 40 hours a week to his online business - the rest of his time is reserved for high-school studies, he said. He's reportedly outgrown the garage in his family home and now co-rents a warehouse space nearby. He also employs two friends for $15-an-hour to help with enquiries and pack-up orders, he told The Journal.Hayden is one of many consumers from Gen Z - defined by Pew Research as anyone born after 1997 - that are finding new ways to make money online.
Many of these young consumers, including Hayden, are reselling items on sites such as
- Facebook’s first smart glasses in partnership with Ray-Ban are coming soon but don’t get too excited yet
- Shortform apps to take over second spot in users time spent after Internet giants like Facebook and Google: RedSeer
- OPINION: Rupee exchange rate against the Euro may improve to 86 in the near term
- Mortgage startup Easy has raised $15 million to provide quick home loans in a matter of days
- Tatva Chintan Pharma Chem IPO makes strong listing on exchanges with 100% premium, shares open at ₹2,111