Aldi defies pandemic-fueled closings with plans to open another 70 stores this year
Aldisaid Tuesday it plans to open another 70 US stores before the end of the year.
- The company also said it has surpassed 2,000 stores in the US.
- Aldi is on track to become the third largest grocery chain in the US by store count by 2022.
Aldi is charging ahead with its US expansion despite the pandemic's devastating impact on the
The German grocer, which is one of the largest supermarket chains in the world, said Tuesday that it plans to kick off its "next wave of expansion" with 70 store openings in the next five months.
As part of the expansion, Aldi will enter two new states: Arizona and Louisiana. Aldi will also break ground on a new distribution center and regional headquarters in Loxley, Alabama that will support new store openings in the Gulf Coast.
Aldi also announced that it has surpassed 2,000 stores in the US, and is still on track to become the country's third-largest grocer by store count in 2022 behind only Walmart and Kroger.
Aldi is opening dozens more stores this year, even as many retailers are contracting or slowing growth amid the pandemic.
Retailers have announced more than 5,500 store closings so far in 2020.
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- Trading app Public lists shiba inu coin on its trading platform as the Robinhood rival broadens crypto offerings
- Federal Bank is offering internships for fresh graduates — Check out stipend, incentives and other details
- Best AMD desktop processors — which one to buy in India?
- Best AMD Ryzen laptops in India
- Best TVs with HDR support in India
- Bored Ape NFT sells for $2.7 million, making it the most expensive in Yacht Club collection
- Startup salaries have increased over 40% in the last six months
- Indian Employees
- Data Science Job
- Google Pixel 6 series
- CBSE examdate sheet
- Tata Punch Price
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- OLA electric scooter
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- vodafone Idea News
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons