Amazon removed a listing for blank fake COVID-19 vaccine cards
- Amazon removed a listing for fake COVID-19 vaccine cards following an email from Insider.
- The pack of 10 cards could have been used to forge a vaccination record.
- The FBI has warned it's illegal to sell or buy fake COVID-19 vaccine cards.
Amazon removed a listing for blank fake COVID-19 vaccine cards following an email from Insider.
The listing was for 10 blank vaccine record cards, which could have been used to create fake records of vaccinations.
-Olivia Little (@OliviaLittle) June 7, 2021
"We do not allow the products in question in our store. We have proactive measures in place to prevent prohibited products from being listed and we continuously monitor our store. In this case, we have removed the items and taken action on the bad actors involved in bypassing our controls," Amazon said in an emailed statement to Insider.
An Insider investigation previously found it was easy to acquire convincing fake copies of the UK's vaccine record cards and had two orders of the fake cards fulfilled by global companies Vistaprint and Moo.
The FBI has warned that selling or buying fake COVID cards online is a crime.
A 21-year-old CVS employee in Long Island was arrested last month after police found several dozen fake COVID-19 vaccine cards in his car.
- Juniper Hotels IPO allotment – How to check allotment, GMP, listing date and more
- Stocks dive at opening bell: Sensex-Nifty start trading day in red territory
- Investing in Renewable Energy Stocks
- Regulations enabled India to be global benchmark in fintech: Razorpay's Harshil Mathur
- India's poverty level has fallen below 5%: NITI Aayog CEO