Burger King mistakenly sent dozens of people blank receipts at midnight — including some to those who had never ordered from the fast-food giant
- Burger King on Monday and Tuesday emailed dozens of people receipts for orders they never placed.
- The receipts, which came through about midnight ET, didn't list any food items.
Dozens of people received empty order receipts from Burger King on Monday night and Tuesday morning, The Verge first reported.
People expressed their surprise and confusion on social media and said they were reassured that they weren't the only ones affected by the apparent glitch.
Screenshots shared on Twitter showed the emails said, "Thanks for ordering from Burger King!" The list of items in the order, the location they could be picked up from, the total cost, and the payment details were all left blank.
People from both the UK and the US said they received the emails. The emails appear to have been sent about 12 a.m. ET Tuesday, which was 9 p.m. Monday on the West Coast and 5 a.m. Tuesday in the UK.
Some of the people who received the emails said they'd never ordered from Burger King and were confused as to how the chain had got their email addresses.
Burger King did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment on what caused the apparent glitch.
- Best sofa set under ₹15000
- Best washing machine under ₹15000
- Only half of Indian listed companies set net carbon emissions commitments: WTW
- Indian beauty brand RENÉE Cosmetics raises $25 million in Series B funding led by Evolvence India, Edelweiss Group
- Sensex, Nifty50 end lower as caution looms ahead of RBI’s rate hike decision
- Jio Haptik
- Reliance Jio
- Digital Nomad Visa
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Most Valuable Companies
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Kama Holdings
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World