Costco is raising starting wages to $17 an hour
Costcois increasing starting wages from $16 to $17.
- Costco has a reputation as a good workplace where workers tend to stay for years.
Costco just raised starting wages again, this time to $17, Costco confirmed to Insider in an email. The raise went into effect on October 25.
The big-box store last raised its
"We're certainly not perfect, but we try to take care of our employees, because they play such a significant role in our success," Jelinek said earlier this year. Costco has a reputation for being one of the best
As the retail industry is hit with a continuing
Business owners across the industry say they're unable to find staff and in some cases even cite a lack of desire to work, while workers say they can demand better pay and benefits in the tight labor market. Retail and restaurant workers have left the industry en masse to get away from low pay and difficult customers, and a growing number of openings in the labor market is making it easier to transition to new careers.
Do you have a story to share about a retail or restaurant chain? Email this reporter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Gold and silver jewellery to get a lot more expensive
- Indian tycoon Gautam Adani has abandoned a $2.5 billion fundraising effort in his latest setback following a short seller attack on his business empire
- It's been a very bad month for Indian billionaires — four of the richest Indians have collectively lost about $45 billion in 2023
- Sensex, Nifty50 likely to open in the green amid positive global cues: Adani Enterprises, SBI Life, HDFC Life among stocks in focus
- Budget to aid flagging affordable home segment, boosts demand with infra push
- BYJU's slashes over 1,000 jobs, mostly from its engineering teams
- Budget 2023-24: Positive for infra and credit growth
- Budget 2023-24: Continued focus on infra to enable growth, create jobs & enhance quality of life