Costco is raising starting wages to $17 an hour
Costcois increasing starting wages from $16 to $17.
- Costco has a reputation as a good workplace where workers tend to stay for years.
Costco just raised starting wages again, this time to $17, Costco confirmed to Insider in an email. The raise went into effect on October 25.
The big-box store last raised its
"We're certainly not perfect, but we try to take care of our employees, because they play such a significant role in our success," Jelinek said earlier this year. Costco has a reputation for being one of the best
As the retail industry is hit with a continuing
Business owners across the industry say they're unable to find staff and in some cases even cite a lack of desire to work, while workers say they can demand better pay and benefits in the tight labor market. Retail and restaurant workers have left the industry en masse to get away from low pay and difficult customers, and a growing number of openings in the labor market is making it easier to transition to new careers.
Do you have a story to share about a retail or restaurant chain? Email this reporter at email@example.com.
- RBI expected to hold rates for the 5th time in a row, no cuts likely before Q2FY25
- IBM, Meta launch AI Alliance to build open, responsible AI
- Have no fear in saying 'I'm on medication': Karan Johar on his battle with anxiety
- Bajaj Chetak Urbane vs Ola S1 Air – price, range and features compared
- Global crypto market hits $1.5 trillion as panic buying fuels Bitcoin price