Costco will keep selling MyPillow despite the CEO's doubling down on false claims of election fraud
Costcosaid that it will honor its contract with My Pillow as other retailers cut off the brand.
- The retailer is showcasing My Pillow at "special events" throughout the end of February.
Costco will continue selling My Pillow products despite the CEO's support of former President
"We have contractual commitments to
Costco's continuation of MyPillow sales comes as CEO
The retailer is also showcasing MyPillow at "special events" through the end of February at select clubs in eight states including Colorado, Montana, Arizona, Nebraska, Nevada, Texas, Utah, and Washington.
Costco did not immediately respond to a request for comment from Insider.
Read More: The MyPillow guy says God helped him beat a crack addiction to build a multimillion-dollar empire. Now his religious devotion to Trump threatens to bring it all crashing down.
In an interview this week, Lindell told Insider that he is not backing down on claims that "these machines that stole our election."
MyPillow special events schedule was listed on Costco's website on Thursday, and MyPillow products are not currently for sale on Costco.com.
A number of people expressed their concern about the event on Costco's Facebook page on Thursday. Some said they are canceling their memberships.
Other retailers are still selling MyPillow products, including BJ's Wholesale Club, Amazon, and Walmart, but others such as Bed, Bath and Beyond, Kohl's, and H-E-B said they will not be selling MyPillow brands anymore.
A Bed, Bath and Beyond spokesperson told Insider that the product line is not selling well. Kohl's, meanwhile, said it will sell through its current inventory but it will not order additional products due to a decline in customer demand. Affirm, a popular "buy now, pay later" service, has also terminated its relationship with the brand, the company said this week.
Read More: Dominion Voting Systems is threatening to sue MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell over his 'false and conspiratorial' election-fraud claims
- Sennheiser Profile USB Streaming Set review: The go-to microphone for those starting their streaming or podcasting journey
- LIC to Wipro and Vodafone Idea: Stocks which hit a new 52-week low today
- Project Tiger to complete 50 years of tiger conservation next month
- Early-stage startups keen on hiring for mid and junior roles, says a FICCI survey
- SEBI recovers dues worth ₹6.57 crore from Sahara Group firms, Subrata Roy & others