From Hydro Flasks to scrunchies, these are the items every VSCO girl will want this holiday season
- As VSCO girls continue to dominate the internet this year, they hold an increasing amount of purchasing power thanks to their extreme brand loyalty and vast social media influence.
- Software company Bloomreach found the eight most sought-after gifts for VSCO girls this holiday season, based on purchasing behavior and data over the past year.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
We are now in the age of the VSCO girl.
Seemingly overnight, VSCO girls - named after the popular photo-editing app used to enhance images for Instagram - began dominating the internet with their Brandy Melville crop tops and puka shell necklaces. They became influencers of their own accord and seemingly of their own pedigree, with their minimal makeup look and "'90s-meets-surfer-girl look," as described by Business Insider's Hillary Hoffower.
"Normally when you're talking about a VSCO girl, it is predominantly people who are white and very skinny and they own all these big name brands," Caiti DeCort, a 15-year-old YouTuber, told Lauren Strapagiel of Buzzfeed News. "So typically it's associated with being rich."
VSCO girls have a very specific aesthetic and an arsenal of beloved brands. Bloomreach, a software company that works with more than 250 global retailers, pulled together a list of must-have gifts for the VSCO girl in your life, based on historic and current purchasing behavior.
As an excited VSCO girl would say, sksksk.
Check out the hottest gifts for VSCO girls, ranked from least to most coveted, below.
8. Fujifilm Instax camera
7. Birkenstock sandals
5. Pura Vida bracelets
4. Slip-on Vans
2. Hydro Flask water bottle
1. Reusable straws
- Gas stoves create more nanoparticle pollution than a busy street with diesel and gas cars, study finds
- Climate change could cause millions of children to be born prematurely, suffer lifelong complications
- Markets record rally makes investors richer by ₹4.29 lakh crore
- From undernutrition to obesity, Lancet study unveils India's double whammy
- GST collections in February rise 12.5% to cross ₹1.68 lakh crore