Hobby Lobby is reportedly canceling its 40% off coupon by the end of February
Hobby Lobbywill drop the coupon by February 28 to make room for potential daily discounts.
- A number of customers launched an online petition to pressure the company to rescind its decision.
Hobby Lobby, an arts and crafts store chain, is reportedly canceling its 40% off coupon that is offered at its over 900 stores nationwide and online.
The move, which will take effect February 28, allows Hobby Lobby to increase its efforts to discount thousands of items every day, the company said on Facebook, according to USA Today.
"This will offer a better value instead of providing a discount on only one item with the coupon," Hobby Lobby said.
Hobby Lobby didn't immediately provide a comment to Business Insider.
Read More: Hobby Lobby is facing new boycott threats over a photo of a store display urging customers to 'Vote Trump'
A number of customers were disappointed with the
An online petition to reverse the decision is circulating on Change.org and was shared on Hobby Lobby's Facebook page.
"Yes they do have sales but sometimes you need that extra one thing at 40% off because it is at full price. This is why we love Hobby Lobby, for the little things," the petition read. "And in these trying times don't take that away from us."
Read More: The 15 biggest controversies in Hobby Lobby's nearly 50-year history
Customers can still use the coupon until March 14 because of the grace period, according to a blog by The Karzy Coupon Lady.
In April, the company said that it will furlough almost all store employees and "ending emergency leave pay and suspending use of company-provided paid time off benefits and vacation" as it struggled to keep its business afloat when the Coronavirus pandemic hit the country.
Read More: Hobby Lobby is closing all stores and furloughing 'nearly all' employees after it defied stay-at-home orders by quietly reopening locations around the nation
- OpenAI CEO Sam Altman is privately reassuring developers using the company's tech that it won't compete with them beyond ChatGPT
- Media mogul Martha Stewart isn't a fan of remote work: 'You can't possibly get everything done working three days a week in the office and two days remotely'
- My twin and I were in separate classrooms in school. Our joint math lesson made me realize how silly that was.
- Best 25L Vertical water heaters in India
- Apple Maps is finally getting offline navigation, just like Google Maps
- Best water purifiers to buy in India 2023
- Dalal Street welcomes RBI MPC holding interest rate as but wary of inflation focus
- Best affordable 2-in-1 convertible laptops in India for 2023