Ikea is massively scaling down its Russian operations, including selling its 4 factories in the country
Ikeais scaling down its Russian operations, including closing its four factories in the country.
- It said its
retailbusiness would remain closed and it would sell out its home furnishing inventory.
Ikea is massively scaling down its Russian operations, including closing its four factories in the country, the Swedish company said Wednesday.
In early March, shortly after
"Unfortunately the circumstances have not improved and the devastating war continues," Ikea said in a statement. "Businesses and supply chains across the world have been heavily impacted and we do not see that it is possible to resume operations any time soon."
It said that in Russia its retail business would remain closed and it would sell out its home furnishing inventory. Ikea has 17 stores in Russia.
Ikea also said it would lay off some workers, without specifying how many.
In addition, Ikea would start the process of selling its four factories in Russia, it said.
The statement said it would also continue its policy of no longer importing and exporting Ikea products to and from Russia and Belarus.
It will also permanently close its purchase and logistics offices in Moscow and Minsk.
"This process is currently underway and all actions and decisions taken will be guided by the IKEA values and to support our people to the best of our ability," the company said.
- Here is a list of bank holidays in October 2022
- An Apple executive is leaving the company after being filmed joking about fondling 'big-breasted women' in a viral TikTok video
- Toyota's president said he 'did a little happy dance' after the company dethroned GM to become the bestselling carmaker in the US last year
- Best camera phone under ₹15000
- Best 5G mobile phones under ₹20000
- 22 lakh Indian IT professionals likely to leave jobs by 2025: Report
- OnePlus says successfully geared up for 5G launch with 5G-ready smartphone portfolio
- This website generates videos from a single image and text for free – here’s all you need to know
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World