Is McDonald's about to drop a 'Loki' sauce? A viral TikTok video says yes
- McDonald's teased an announcement coming August 14 with a brief scene from season 2 of "Loki."
- A viral TikTok video appears to show that a "Loki" Sweet 'N Sour Sauce is coming to restaurants.
On Monday, McDonald's took to X to tease a big August 14 promotion with a tie-in to the Disney+ series "Loki."
The post said "no spoilers."
But leave it to TikTok to provide the possible reveal. According to a viral TikTok video, McDonald's restaurants plan to serve a "Loki" sweet and sour sauce. The video, posted by a person who goes by the handle "mo0nf0x," has received more than 122,000 views.
new sauce alert. try the new Loki sweet and sour sauce at mcdonalds. it's for our new meals in August in honor of loki. #loki #lokiseries #marvelstudios #marvel #mcdonalds #augustmeal #manager #fypシ #fypage♬ original sound - blossom
"Just a friendly reminder: Get to your local McDonald's so you can get the new Loki sauce because, you know, you don't want to miss out. Gonna be delicious. I already like it . See you later," the video states. The poster appears to be a McDonald's worker and their TikTok feed includes other behind-the-scenes restaurant videos.
McDonald's did not return a request for comment, but the "Loki" tie-in is not a stretch.
The second season of the Disney+ series, starring Tom Hiddleston as the god of mischief, is set to debut in October. A season 2 trailer shows one of the main characters, Sylvie, working at a McDonald's. McDonald's X post also briefly showed the character Loki with Sylvie dressed in a vintage McDonald's uniform.
Over the past few years, McDonald's has seen success with meal promotions tied to celebrities such as Travis Scott, Cardi B, BTS, and Saweetie. The fast food burger giant is also embracing nostalgia. In its latest earnings call, the chain said it plans to create a spinoff restaurant called CosMc's. The restaurant is named after a McDonaldland character named CosMc. The company saw sales soar after it brought back Grimace for his 52nd birthday with a purple shake that went viral.
- Which countries are most affected by severe seismic activity? New earthquake metric provides fresh perspective
- Exicom Tele-Systems to raise ₹429 cr via IPO; sets price band at ₹135-142/share
- Kawasaki Ninja 500 sports bike launched in India at ₹5.24 lakh
- Vodafone Idea board to meet on Feb 27 to consider fundraising proposal
- Stocks rebound: Sensex jumps over 500 points, Nifty hits fresh high