Is this the sneaker Gen Z has been asking for? Nike seems to think so.
- Nike is set to release the Air Max Pulse next week, a brand new addition to the Air Max franchise.
- CEO John Donahoe said the sneaker is for younger consumers in search of their own classic Air Max shoe.
Nike is releasing the Air Max Pulse next week, a brand new sneaker silhouette joining the Air Max franchise.
On an earnings call with analysts Tuesday, CEO John Donahoe said the sneaker is for younger generations, especially Gen Z, that wanted a classic Air Max shoe to call their own.
"We heard from younger age groups that they want their own version, a more street-engineered durable shoe, one with a new lifestyle identity," Donahoe said. "This vision of building a future franchise for the next generation led us to create the Air Max Pulse with the broader goal of creating an entire portfolio of Classics for this generation."
The Air Max Pulse has large air bubbles on the midsole of the shoe, similar to the Air Max 270, and draws from London's music scene, according to Nike. The shoes also features new "Air Max" branding on the heel and a new upper.
The new Air Max Pulse will release on Air Max day March 26, alongside the much-anticipated return of the Air Max 1 '86 "Big Bubble."
Air Max day marks the anniversary of the first Air Max release in 1987. Sneaker collectors celebrate the day by wearing their favorite Air Max sneakers. Since 2014, Nike has released sneakers from its Air Max vault to mark the occasion.
Nike has a large catalog of classic Air Max sneakers released over the years, including the Air Max 97s, Air Max 95s, and Air Max 90s. In addition to popular colorways, such as the Air Max 90 "Bacon" and Air Max 95 "Neon," Nike has collaborated with a number of designers and boutiques on new colorways. Sean Wotherspoon's take on the Air Max 97 released in 2018 resells on StockX for over $900 in all sizes.
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma steps down as Paytm Payments Bank Chairman
- Goa partners with World Bank to tackle sea level rise, coastal erosion and other climate change-related hazards
- Samsung unveils Galaxy Ring with health-tracking features at MWC
- Govt may look at enhanced KYC requirements for certain class of corporates
- Sebi cautions investors against fraudulent trading platforms offering stock mkt access via FPI route