Jordyn Woods responds to woman who spent $400 on her new clothing line and compared it to the 'clearance section of Shein'
- A woman criticized Jordyn Woods' clothing line in a series of viral TikTok videos posted Friday.
- The woman said the Woods by Jordyn items were "giving clearance bin," and she was "offended" to have spent $400.
Jordyn Woods responded to a woman who criticized her clothing line on TikTok, comparing the items she purchased to the "clearance section of Shein" and a "cash grab."
The discussion around the 25-year-old model's clothing brand, Woods by Jordyn, sparked on Friday when TikToker Stella Williams shared a series of videos about items she purchased. Woods by Jordyn launched on Monday with three bodycon dresses that cost $123 each. According to one video shared on Friday, which gained more than 2.6 million views, Williams said she bought three dresses for $400.
@thestellawilliams Woods by Jordyn, count your mf days. Be soooo ffr rn. #jordynwoods ♬ original sound - ميرنا
"I've got to be so for real right now," Williams said in the video. "It's so bad I just unfollowed the brand. I would never, ever have any of my followers spend $123 on these dresses, and it just feels like a cash grab."
Williams continued that dress material felt "cheap" and "feels like the clearance section of Shein."
She added: "I'm offended that I spent $400 on these three dresses, period. Pros: shipping time, diversity. Cons: everything else."
In a second video, which had 1.4 million views as of Saturday, Williams doubled down by saying she doesn't support the brand or the price point.
@thestellawilliams Replying to @gabri3llahh woods by Jordyn cash grab try on haul and review #woodsbyjordyn #jordynwoods ♬ original sound - ميرنا
"This quality is giving clearance bin, and any influencer who says otherwise, I do not trust them," Williams said.
The reviews quickly went viral on the app and sparked a debate about the products in the videos' comment sections. Later that day, Woods replied to Williams in a video to her TikTok account while wearing one of the brand's dresses. She began the video by complimenting Williams and thanking her for the constructive criticism before addressing the negative comments.
@jordynwoods #stitch with @thestellawilliams ♬ original sound - HEIR JORDYN
"I will say, there is a way to be honest and real without bringing other people down or other influencers into it. Opinions are subjective until you've felt the material and you know," Woods said. "Some people are going to love it, and some people are not going to like it, and that's just what it is."
Woods then responded to a criticism Williams had about the dresses' stitching, which she considered poor.
"I did see a response that you made saying that I only addressed the sleeves. I don't know if you watched the whole video, but I don't think you did because I talked about a lot more than the sleeves."
@jordynwoods #stitch with @thestellawilliams let’s get into it!! @woodsbyjordyn ♬ original sound - HEIR JORDYN
She added: "When you're not mass producing clothes, especially in this day and age, it costs a lot more money to make. But I do appreciate your constructive criticism. I would love to hear what brands provide the quality mesh that you are looking for and ways that I can improve, and we can continue to grow together."
Following Woods' videos, some fans have rallied behind her and praised her for her quick responses.
"I don't think I've ever heard a brand owner give such a great response in regards to a negative review. I'm impressed," one person wrote.
Another added: "Followed! Never followed before but yes to the handling of all of this!!!"
Representatives for Woods by Jordyn and Williams did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.
- Durjoy Datta tweets about Paytm UPI LITE making payments faster and easier, fellow author Ravinder Singh responds
- OnePlus Nord CE 3 leaks ahead of launch – specs, expected launch date and more
- JPMorgan Chase thought it had $1.3 million worth of nickel stored in a warehouse. A closer examination revealed bags of stones.
- Meet Rekha Rakesh Jhunjhunwala, the top Indian entrant in 2023 M3M Hurun Global Rich List
- Cyrus Poonawalla’s wealth grows as his health empire remains unlisted
- Adani Airports following investments as per plans submitted to govt: CEO
- Chinese leader Xi Jinping departs Russia but fails to achieve breakthrough in Ukraine conflict
- Healthcare, consumer goods minted the most Indian dollar billionaires