Justin Bieber's Crocs collection is already sold out after launching on Tuesday — and resellers are marking them up at least 20%
- The Crocs x Justin Bieber with drew collaboration has sold out after its release on Tuesday.
- When the pop star teased the collaboration earlier this month, the "ugly shoe brand" saw its stock rise by 11%.
- The clog is already being resold for upward of $75.
Justin Bieber has officially joined the list of esteemed celebrities who have collaborated with Crocs.
The Canadian singer teamed up with the rubber shoe brand for the "Crocs X Justin Bieber with drew" collaboration, which is officially sold out. Drew House (sometimes referred to as drew) is the name of Bieber's unisex clothing line, which launched last year.
The clothing line's latest product, classic yellow clogs with eight accompanying jibbitz (the charms that go into the clog), retailed for $59.99.
Before launching the collaboration, Bieber was often photographed wearing Crocs. "As an artist, it's important that my creations stay true to myself and my style. I wear Crocs all the time, so designing my own pair came naturally," Bieber said in a statement. "With these Crocs, I just focused on making something cool that I want to wear."
When Bieber teased the collaboration on Instagram earlier this month, shares of the 'ugly shoe brand' jumped over 11% to $47.81 a share. The post was simply an orange clog floating in a pool with the caption "Soon".
Crocs has had a landmark year, with stay-at-home orders and guidelines meaning Americans were trading their dress shoes for more comfortable brands like Crocs and Birkenstocks. The former reported a rise of 67.7% in
And just like any high-profile celebrity collaboration, resellers have already begun to sell the shoe for almost double its original cost.
On sneaker resale website StockX, the clog is currently being listed from $75-$95, which is a 20% mark-up. That is still cheaper than the offerings on another popular resale website, Grailed, where the lowest clog available is $100.
This isn't the first high-profile collaboration for the brand this year. In September, the brand collaborated with Puerto Rican rapper Bad Bunny to release a glow-in-the-dark clog that sold out in 30 minutes.
In the past, the brand has also collaborated with Post Malone and KISS.
- We asked ChatGPT who the greatest athlete of all time is and it did not go well for LeBron James
- OpenAI CEO Sam Altman is privately reassuring developers using the company's tech that it won't compete with them beyond ChatGPT
- The crowd at the unveiling of Apple's Vision Pro headset let out a collective groan when they found out how wildly expensive it was
- Heatwave grips India - Bihar, West Bengal, Jharkhand to record highest temperature
- Apple Arcade looks Stronger Than Ever - New & Exciting Games Announced
- What is the best date to set for your SIPs – Beginning, end, or middle of the month?
- Asus ROG Flow Z13 review – a premium gaming tablet
- Must do activities on your visit to Mahabaleshwar