Kate Spade enters the metaverse to offer brand new shopping experience - and a stroll through a NYC townhome
- Kate Spade's first step into the metaverse will launch Sept. 7 via the comany's site.
- One handbag will be available exclusively in the brand's virtual world, report says.
New York brand Kate Spade is inviting its customers to shop its autumn 2022 collection in a whole new dimension – the metaverse.
In addition to online shopping, the brand offers an interactive space where clients can shop for new bags while exploring a virtual New York townhome, Vogue Business reports.
The immersive virtual world is set to launch September 7 on Kate Spade's official site.
The three bags for sale in this virtual experience are the Dottie small bucket bag, Sam Icon mini tote, and Patisserie 3D croissant clutch – the last of which won't be available anywhere else on the company's site.
But shopping isn't the only activity for customers. The experience includes customizable Kate Spade wallpaper and a record player where you can play music, according to the Vogue report.
The brand debuted its physical two-day pop-up shop in New York in April, and it's now extending into the virtual space with help of metaverse advertising service Arlene, according to Input Magazine.
Shoppers will be able to move room-to-room, eventually ending up in the kitchen where they can purchase the exclusive croissant clutch.
Kate Spade isn't the first fashion brand to explore new technologies as a way to appeal to customers. Gucci partnered with gaming platform Roblox in 2021 to invite players to a virtual Gucci Garden. Prada ventured into NFTs.
But Kate Spade execs told Vogue that they have no plans to follow suit. CMO Jenny Campbell said this launch is all about community.
"This idea of community coming together, that feeling, really lends itself to immersive storytelling," Campbell said. "It's not something you want to do only in 2D."
- 10 Beautiful staycation options in Mumbai
- Reliance Retail receives full subscription amount of Rs 2,069.50 cr from KKR, allots 1.71 cr shares
- As inflation continues to remain high, RBI likely to keep interest rates unchanged
- 10 Beautiful staycation options in Bangalore
- Micron begins construction on $2.7 bn India semiconductor plant in 'epic' beginning