KFC branches in Australia have started using cabbage in burgers and wraps to make up for lettuce shortages, a report says
KFCAustralia has started using a mix of cabbage and lettuce in its burgers and wraps, per the BBC.
- The fast-food giant cited shortages of lettuce caused by flooding across
KFC has started using a mix of lettuce and cabbage in its burgers and wraps in Australia as it faces shortages of lettuce caused by extreme flooding, BBC News reported.
The fast-food giant said on Monday that flooding across New South Wales and Queensland meant they had to substitute the traditional lettuce filling with a combination of cabbage and lettuce due to ongoing shortages, per BBC
KFC Australia did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment made outside of normal working hours.
Torrential rain and flooding engulfed parts of eastern Australia earlier this year, forcing residents out of their homes and destroying crops.
The blow to crop production threatens to worsen Australia's
Earlier this year, McDonald's locations in Indonesia, Malaysia, and Taiwan were also forced to ration french fries as the fast-food giant faced potato shortages, partly due to flooding and landslides in Canada, Insider's Mary Meisenzahl previously reported.
In January, KFC Australia also had to compromise its menu as a result of chicken shortages after Australia's largest supplier faced pandemic-related staff shortages, per the BBC.
The ongoing conflict in Ukraine threatens to worsen the global food supply as blockades have affected the distribution of grains. The head of Ukraine's biggest food producer, MHP, said the
The climate crisis was already causing harm to crop production through droughts and storms, the head of MHP recently told Insider, adding that the conflict is what "broke the camel's back."
- I took a new job in a remote location after my divorce. There aren't many people to date, but I'm happy staying single.
- Elon Musk hits out at viral videos of DINK couples, saying there's an 'awful morality' to those who choose not to have children
- Married couples often share high blood pressure, study shows
- 8 Irresistible seasonal snacks to warm your winter days
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma says 'Wed in India' is a good idea for its food options
- NCLAT stays CCI penalty on NTPC in Ratnagiri Gas & Power shares issue
- A Japanese Start-Up Is Testing a Rocket Powered Entirely By Rocket Fuel Created From Cow Dung!
- Amazon sues scammers for stealing millions of dollars via fake returns