Mike Lindell's lawyer has left his law firm, after being accused of filing a suit against Smartmatic and Dominion without authorization
- Alec Beck, the lawyer representing
MyPillowCEO Mike Lindell, has parted ways with his law firm.
- The move comes a day after he filed a new lawsuit against Smartmatic and
Dominion Voting Systems.
- According to Beck's former employer, the lawsuit was filed without any authorization.
Alec Beck, the lawyer representing MyPillow's CEO, Mike Lindell, has left his law firm a day after filing a new lawsuit against Smartmatic and Dominion, according to Bloomberg.
Barnes & Thornburg, Beck's former employer, said he filed the suit without its authorization.
The company issued a statement on Twitter on Friday night: "Late last night, firm management became aware that a Minneapolis firm lawyer filed a complaint, as local counsel, in federal district court without receiving firm authorization pursuant to internal firm approval procedures," it said.
Lindell's new lawsuit, filed in federal court in Minnesota, accuses both voting-machine companies of "weaponizing the litigation process to silence political dissent and suppress evidence showing voting machines were manipulated to affect outcomes in the November 2020 general
As previously reported by Insider's Grace Dean, Lindell stands to lose $2 billion over the legal battle.
Lindell's latest complaint featured references to dystopian novels and William Shakespeare. One of the included quotes is attributed to Ray Bradbury's "Fahrenheit 451": "But you can't make people listen. They have to come round in their own time, wondering what happened and why the world blew up around them. It can't last." Another quote is from George Orwell's classic novel "1984."
Legal experts have spoken out about Lindell's latest filing. These included attorney Akiva Cohen, who described it as "craptastic" and "half-assed" in a series of tweets.
Insider has approached Lindell for comment.
In its Friday statement, Barnes & Thornburg added: "Firm management took action immediately. The firm has withdrawn as local counsel in this matter and has ended the client relationship. The attorney representing the client in this matter is no longer with the firm."
- Digital upskilling has become the need of the hour for the pharma sector
- Why manufacturers must embrace skills transformation to be future-ready
- 'One-trick' ponies – US, India and China markets are rallying on single narratives, investors need to be cautious, say experts
- Why data analytics is the solution for healthcare providers in the post-Covid world
- World Bank upgrades India GDP growth to 6.9% for FY23, says it has higher resilience to global shocks
- Jio Haptik
- Reliance Jio
- Digital Nomad Visa
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Most Valuable Companies
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Kama Holdings
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World