Roz Brewer will get a signing bonus worth $25 million when she joins Walgreens as its new CEO, on top of her $1.5 million salary
Roz Brewerwill get a signing bonus worth $24.7 million when she joins Walgreensas CEO in March.
- She'll also get a $1.5 million annual
salaryand personal use of the company's private jet.
- Brewer, who will become the only Black female CEO of a Fortune 500 company, is currently
Brewer, current chief operating officer at Starbucks and former CEO of Sam's Club, will get a one-time bonus of $4.5 million and $20.2 million in Walgreens stock, alongside her $1.5 million annual salary, per an SEC filing from Walgreens first reported by Fox Business.
The $20.2 million one-time, long-term incentive award will be divided equally between performance shares and restricted stock units, and split over three annual instalments.
Brewer will become the only Black female CEO of a Fortune 500 company when she starts her new role on March 15.
Brewer will receive a one-time "retention bonus" of $4.5 million, which she'll have to repay if she voluntarily leaves the company without "good reason" or is terminated for cause within two years.
On top of her initial base salary of $1.5 million, Brewer will be eligible for an annual bonus with a target payout of three times her eligible earnings, as well as long-term stock incentives, with a combined target award valued at $11 million annually.
She'll also be entitled to relocation benefits and up to 50 hours of personal use of the company's corporate jet each year.
Brewer is taking on the role at a critical time in the drugstore's coronavirus vaccine rollout.
Healthcare analysts told Insider that Brewer brings a fresh set of eyes and a new perspective to Walgreens, something the retailer desperately needs, and her former colleagues have praised her leadership style.
- Instagram's crisis highlights the bigger issues the entire ad industry is facing
- The 10-year Treasury yield will drop to 3.5% by the end of next year as the massive bond rally will continue, UBS says
- Exit polls predict BJP advantage in MP, Rajasthan, Congress win in Chhattisgarh, Telangana and tight contest in Mizoram
- International air travel penetration remains low in India: CAPA
- "Meeting friends is always a delight": PM Modi reacts to 'Melodi' selfie shared by Italian counterpart Georgia Meloni
- WhatsApp testing new feature that lets you search users by their username
- Delhi airport: Flights diverted due to bad smog, bad weather
- Meta expanding child safety measures as scrutiny mounts