Roz Brewer will get a signing bonus worth $25 million when she joins Walgreens as its new CEO, on top of her $1.5 million salary
Roz Brewerwill get a signing bonus worth $24.7 million when she joins Walgreensas CEO in March.
- She'll also get a $1.5 million annual
salaryand personal use of the company's private jet.
- Brewer, who will become the only Black female CEO of a Fortune 500 company, is currently
Brewer, current chief operating officer at Starbucks and former CEO of Sam's Club, will get a one-time bonus of $4.5 million and $20.2 million in Walgreens stock, alongside her $1.5 million annual salary, per an SEC filing from Walgreens first reported by Fox Business.
The $20.2 million one-time, long-term incentive award will be divided equally between performance shares and restricted stock units, and split over three annual instalments.
Brewer will become the only Black female CEO of a Fortune 500 company when she starts her new role on March 15.
Brewer will receive a one-time "retention bonus" of $4.5 million, which she'll have to repay if she voluntarily leaves the company without "good reason" or is terminated for cause within two years.
On top of her initial base salary of $1.5 million, Brewer will be eligible for an annual bonus with a target payout of three times her eligible earnings, as well as long-term stock incentives, with a combined target award valued at $11 million annually.
She'll also be entitled to relocation benefits and up to 50 hours of personal use of the company's corporate jet each year.
Brewer is taking on the role at a critical time in the drugstore's coronavirus vaccine rollout.
Healthcare analysts told Insider that Brewer brings a fresh set of eyes and a new perspective to Walgreens, something the retailer desperately needs, and her former colleagues have praised her leadership style.
- Saline groundwater in Sundarbans makes people buy drinking water, quit farming
- Adani Enterprises, Mindtree, L&T Infotech among 10 most consistent wealth creators in 2017-2022: Motilal Oswal
- Pottery Barn signs Deepika Padukone as its brand ambassador
- Snapdeal drops ₹1,250 crore IPO plan citing 'prevailing market conditions'
- Festive baton shifts to Great Indian Wedding Season, November registers best-ever auto sales, except March 2020: FADA
- Realme10 Pro Plus Mobile
- Gig jobs
- Sula Vineyards IPO
- Whatsapp tips
- International Roaming Plans
- RBI hikes repo rate
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Most Valuable Companies
- Most searched movies
- Adani Enterprises
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World