Shoppers are scrambling to get their hands on Costco's viral $20 peanut butter chocolate pie, which is attracting millions of views on TikTok
- Costco has started selling a $19.99 peanut butter chocolate cream pie weighing nearly five pounds.
- The pie is made by Costco's private label brand, Kirkland, though shoppers say it's hard to get hold of.
Shoppers are scrambling to get their hands on Costco's new peanut butter chocolate cream pie, which will set you back $19.99.
The 12-inch pie weighs between 4.5 and 4.8 pounds, per photos shared online by customers, putting its price as under $5 per pound.
"It is huge," Laura Lamb said in a review on her TikTok account CostcoHotFinds. "This one is dangerously delicious."
The pie features a graham cracker crust filled with peanut butter cream and then a layer of chocolate cream, topped with a piping of more peanut butter cream round the edges. Lamb said the pie, made by Kirkland, Costco's private label had a "perfect" combination of peanut butter and chocolate.
"It's rich, but it's almost light and fluffy at the same time," Lamb told TODAY.com. "It's just really, really good." She noted that the pie could "easily" be cut into 16 slices and said she'd take it "to all the barbecues this spring."
"My son hasn't stopped talking about the pie since I gave him a slice on Sunday," Lamb told Fox Business, adding that he had likened it to a peanut butter cup.
Hundreds of shoppers have posted online about wanting to try the pie. Lamb's video has 3.3 million views on TikTok and more than 150,000 likes, with many commenters saying they want to try the pie.
Similar remarks were made in Costco fan groups on Facebook, with some shoppers lamenting that it was sold out or not stocked at their local store and asking where they could buy it. People have also been asking if it will be available at Costco's Canadian stores.
Some have taken to posting in the Facebook group Costco Finds, which has 1.3 million members, about where they managed to track the pie down.
"I'm not a choc fan, but this peanut butter chocolate cream pie is a game changer!," one Facebook user posted in Costco Finds. "So light and not over powering at all! The price is up there but the size (same as the apple pie) and flavor makes it worth it!" Her review has 1,400 likes.
Some shoppers have said they hope their store doesn't stock the pie or they hope they won't like it so that they won't be tempted to buy it.
Costco is well known for its bakery, which includes a number of very large pies. The warehouse chain sold 5.3 million pumpkin pies in 2015 alone.
- Wild video shows Florida police officers wrangling a huge alligator in the middle of the street
- Elon Musk and more than 1,000 people sign an open letter calling for a pause on training AI systems more powerful than GPT-4
- What is an indictment? What it means for someone to be indicted by a grand jury and why Trump was charged
- White House refuses to pay for Twitter's Blue verification: Report
- Italy bans ChatGPT, orders investigation over privacy breach
- IISc researchers design tiny supercapacitor capable of storing large amount of electric charge
- India exported military hardware worth ₹15,920 crore in 2022-23: Rajnath
- From Citadel to Ponniyin Selvan 2: a look at the shows & movies releasing in April