Staples is trying to buy Office Depot for a third time, this time offering $2.1 billion in cash for the competitor
Stapleshas made a $2.1 billion cash offer to buy competitor Office Depot.
- It's the office supply chains third attempt to buy its competitor after previous offers were rejected by regulators.
- Shares of ODP, which owns Office Depot, surged 15% in trading Monday.
View all Offers
- 7% OFF
@home by Nilkamal Walton TV Unit (Wenge)₹ 9969₹ 21900Buy On
- 52% OFF
MBTC Rapid High Bar Chair/Kitchen Stool in Black₹ 2699₹ 5499Buy On
Wipro Furniture Arena Wood;Engineering Wood Office Desk; Study Desk(Beech Finish,Beech)₹ 12499₹ 18200Buy On
Amazon Brand - Solimo Trundle Solid Sheesham Wood Single Bed (Teak Finish)₹ 8799₹ 15000Buy On
Amazon Brand - Solimo Medusa Engineered Wood Wardrobe walnut finish ,3 Doors₹ 10999₹ 18000Buy On
In a letter to ODP's board of directors, Staples owner USR Parent said it would pay $40 per share for the competitor, representing a 61% premium over the stock's average over the past 90 days.
The US Federal Trade Commission blocked Staple's $6.3 billion offer in 2016, saying a merger between the two could reduce competition for nationwide contracts for office supplies.
The two companies agreed to merge in 1996, but the deal was put to rest as a government lawsuit argued the move would have meant higher prices for pens, paper and other office supplies.
Staples was a public company when it attempted the acquisition. It went private in 2017.
Staples said it is prepared to take "all necessary measures" to divest ODP's B2B Business to a FTC approved and qualified buyer.
USR Parent Inc, or Staples, said it would offer $40 per for each ODP share, a premium of 8.2% to Friday's close.
ODP's shares surged more than 15% in trading Monday following the offer.
- OPINION: Received a year-end bonus? What will be the impact of perquisite tax in the new year?
- pi Ventures plans to invest in 25 young startups with its latest $75 million fund
- Best deals on hair straighteners, trimmers and other grooming products on Amazon
- Amazon Republic Day Sale 2022 — Best deals and offers on Echo smart speakers, Fire TV Sticks and more
- Two IndiGo planes avert mid-air collision over Bengaluru airport, DGCA to take strict action
- Mythology audiobooks
- Electric car Championship
- India's win in Centurion
- Millionaires Employees
- Car with Waiting Period
- Tax Saving Investment
- Urban Company
- New Year 2022
- Upcoming new laptops
- Bank Holidays in January
- Valuable NFT Projects
- Xiaomi 11i hypercharge
- GST Input tax credit
- Public Holidays in 2022
- RBL Stocks
- Upcoming Smartphones in 2022