Taco Bell fans rush to order potatoes one last time before the chain eliminates 12 beloved menu items this week
- Taco Bell is cutting 12 menu items, including potatoes, Nachos Supreme, and Loaded Grillers from its menu.
- The chain's new menu rolls out on Thursday, August 13 — meaning Wednesday is customers' last day to order potatoes at Taco Bell.
- Many customers are mourning the loss of the beloved menu items online.
Time is running out for some of Taco Bell's most beloved menu items, including potatoes, Nachos Supreme, and Loaded Grillers.
Taco Bell announced in July that it would cut 12 menu items when the chain rolls out a new menu on Thursday, August 13.
In the weeks since, fans of the expiring menu items have taken to social media to criticize the changes. Many – primarily those with vegetarian or vegan diets – are especially enraged to see potatoes disappear from the menu.
—ian (@itsianraymond) August 12, 2020
—email@example.com (@lenins_gf) August 12, 2020
—John Clancy ☠️ (@clanjohncy) August 4, 2020
Customers have been loading up on the doomed menu items while they are still available. This week, mourning Taco Bell fans have been posting about ordering their final suppers at the chain before the menu change.
—amaury (@acidhunk) August 11, 2020
—cop hater (@bd0ugz) August 12, 2020
—Landon (@itsdastalkabruh) August 9, 2020
Some creative Taco Bell lovers shared recipes for how to recreate some of the menu items. LifeHacker published a guide to recreating the potatoes at home, while food influencer Stephanie Cummings posted her recipe for a homemade quesarito.
In honor of Taco Bell revamping their menu, I bring you the homemade quesarito. It might be the best thing I’ve eaten so far in 2020, and that’s a bold statement given what a junk drawer of a human I’ve been throughout quarantine. Buttery homemade tortillas, shredded cheese, cilantro lime rice, spicy seasoned ground beef, and QUESO. Recipe link in profile.
Taco Bell said last month that it is adding two new options to the menu: a $5 Grande Nachos Box and a $1 beef burrito. The chain also hinted that a new plant-based "meat" option may be in the works for vegetarians and vegans who are upset about Taco Bell no longer serving potatoes.
FoodBeast reports that the chain is also testing out a new fried chicken option, serving up Crispy Chicken Wings at a location in California.
Here's the full list of food items Taco Bell is cutting from its menu:
- Grilled Steak Soft Taco
- 7-Layer Burrito
- Quesarito (still available via web/app for order ahead)
- Nachos Supreme
- Beefy Fritos Burrito
- Spicy Tostada
- Triple Layer Nachos
- Spicy Potato Soft Taco
- Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes
- Loaded Grillers (Cheesy Potato, Beefy Nacho)
- Chips & Dips
- Mini Skillet Bowl
- 10 Foods you should avoid before bed for a restful night's sleep
- Investors to go ahead with Friday meet to oust Byju's CEO amid court order
- Mohammed Shami ruled out of IPL, to undergo ankle surgery
- Here are the 8 eating habits that could upset your stomach
- 10 best places to visit in Azerbaijan for Indian tourists