Walmart is launching a mysterious new fintech startup with Ribbit
Walmartannounced it will launch a fintech startup.
- The company is partnering with investment firm Ribbit.
Walmart announced the formation of a new
"Walmart's newly-announced fintech joint venture with Ribbit Capital will provide myriad growth opportunities, with the leveraging of its massive customer base at the center of the initiative," Moody's Vice-President and Senior Credit Officer Charlie O'Shea, said in a note to investors. "Walmart has been slowly and tactically expanding its financial service offerings to its customers, and measured expansion of these capabilities makes sense as it will deepen these all-important customer relationships."Walmart is in a comfortable position, despite the pandemic. In November, the retailer reported $134.7 billion in sales, up over 5% year over year.
- Popular devotional singer Narendra Chanchal passes away at 80
- Indian School of Business ranked 1st in India, 44th globally as per MBA Ranking 2021 by The Economist
- 25 kg gold jewellery and ₹96,000 cash stolen at gunpoint from Muthoot Finance branch in Tamil Nadu
- Rajasthan: Budget session from February 10
- IPL players auction to be held on February 18, says BCCI official