Walmart is launching a mysterious new fintech startup with Ribbit
Walmartannounced it will launch a fintech startup.
- The company is partnering with investment firm Ribbit.
Walmart announced the formation of a new
"Walmart's newly-announced fintech joint venture with Ribbit Capital will provide myriad growth opportunities, with the leveraging of its massive customer base at the center of the initiative," Moody's Vice-President and Senior Credit Officer Charlie O'Shea, said in a note to investors. "Walmart has been slowly and tactically expanding its financial service offerings to its customers, and measured expansion of these capabilities makes sense as it will deepen these all-important customer relationships."Walmart is in a comfortable position, despite the pandemic. In November, the retailer reported $134.7 billion in sales, up over 5% year over year.
- GST exemption on domestic supplies, commercial imports of COVID drugs to make them costlier, says Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman
- Uttar Pradesh government extends statewide lockdown till May 17
- Marriage functions to be held at home or court with maximum gathering of 20 people, says Delhi DDMA
- PM Modi speaks to Chief Minsters of Punjab, Karnataka, Bihar and Uttarakhand regarding COVID-19 situation in their respective states
- If you are feeling anxious and overwhelmed by the pandemic and the news around it, here are a few ways to calm yourself down