Zara is opening or revamping nearly 30 stores in the US by 2025 — here's where they're located
- Inditex is planning to open at least 10 new Zara stores across the US by 2025.
- At least a dozen other Zara locations will be revamped or enlarged, the retailer said.
Zara is expanding its store fleet in the US as it ramps up in its second-largest market.
The Spanish fast-fashion retailer is planning 30 new store "projects" in the US over the next two years, including new stores, store relocations, and renovations to existing locations, Óscar García Maceiras, CEO of Zara's parent company, Inditex, said during a call with investors Wednesday.
Inditex currently has "less than 100 stores" in the US. "This is a market in which for every $100 of fashion sold, we take less than $0.50 of that," García Maceiras said. "So, we see really very strong growth opportunities."
Foot traffic is up at Zara stores around the world, and Inditex reported a 23% jump in store sales in 2022 across its portfolio of brands, which includes Zara, Bershka, and Massimo Dutti. García Maceiras said that increase came even as Inditex shuttered 10% of its stores — though a portion of the closures were in Russia, and its Ukraine stores remain closed, the rest of the closures were part of the retailer's "retail optimization program," he said.
"As a result, we have been left with a network of bigger, better and more beautiful stores in the best retail destinations globally," he said. "These destination stores, fully digital and sustainable, provide the customer with a good reason to visit us, and they sell 60 more per square meter compared to 2019 and 30% more per store."
Inditex plans to invest 1.6 billion euros, about $1.7 billion, in expanding its stores and warehouses worldwide, including a new Zara store on Paris' Champs Elysées, and at least 10 new locations across the US. The retailer on Wednesday released a partial list of the store openings and renovations it's planning by 2025:
New Zara stores:
- Los Angeles: The Grove Los Angeles
- Brea: Brea Mall
- Baton Rouge: Mall of Louisiana
- Cambridge: CambridgeSide Mall
- Las Vegas: The Forum Shops at Caesars
- Queens: Queens Center
- New York: The Shops at Columbus Circle
- Charlotte: SouthPark Mall
- San Antonio: North Star Mall
- Frisco: Stonebriar Mall
Planned Zara store renovations and enlargements:
- Canoga Park: Westfield Topanga Mall
- Greenwich: #221-225 Greenwich Avenue
- Miami: Dadeland Mall
- Miami Beach: Lincoln Rd #420
- Tampa: International Plaza and Bay Street Mall
- Skokie: Westfield Old Orchard Mall
- Chicago: Michigan Avenue #700
- Boston: Newbury Street #212-214
- Garden City: Roosevelt Field Mall
- New York: 660 Fifth Avenue
- New York: 31 W 34th Street
- Austin: The Domain
- F Street NW #1025
- Wild video shows Florida police officers wrangling a huge alligator in the middle of the street
- Elon Musk and more than 1,000 people sign an open letter calling for a pause on training AI systems more powerful than GPT-4
- What is an indictment? What it means for someone to be indicted by a grand jury and why Trump was charged
- White House refuses to pay for Twitter's Blue verification: Report
- Italy bans ChatGPT, orders investigation over privacy breach
- IISc researchers design tiny supercapacitor capable of storing large amount of electric charge
- India exported military hardware worth ₹15,920 crore in 2022-23: Rajnath
- From Citadel to Ponniyin Selvan 2: a look at the shows & movies releasing in April