'This is not your fault': Kate Spade reportedly addressed a suicide note to her daughter
- Kate Spade was found dead in her New York City apartment on Tuesday.
- A note was found on a bed near Spade's body that was addressed to her 13-year-old daughter, Frances Beatrix Spade, TMZ reports.
- "Bea - I have always loved you. This is not your fault. Ask Daddy!" the note said, according to TMZ.
The fashion designer Kate Spade was found dead in her New York City apartment on Tuesday in what authorities reportedly believe was a suicide.
A note was found on a bed near Spade's body that was addressed to her 13-year-old daughter, Frances Beatrix Spade, TMZ reports.
According to the report, the note said: "Bea - I have always loved you. This is not your fault. Ask Daddy!"
A housekeeper found Spade in her home at 850 Park Avenue at about 10:20 a.m., the Associated Press reports, citing law-enforcement officials.
Spade is believed to have hanged herself with a red scarf tied to her bedroom doorknob, according to The New York Times, which said she left behind a note. She was pronounced dead at the scene at 10:26 a.m., The Times said.
An NYPD source told the New York Post that Spade left a note behind.
"At this point, there was a note left. The contents of that note, as well as the physical state of the apartment and the comments of the witness, lend to the credibility that it is an apparent suicide," NYPD Chief of Detectives Dermot Shea told the New York Post.
If you or someone you know is struggling with depression or has had thoughts of harming themselves or taking their own life, get help. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (1-800-273-8255) provides 24/7, free, confidential support for people in distress, as well as best practices for professionals and resources to aid in prevention and crisis situations.
Remembering Kate Spade:
- 'You don't know me but I know you': After Kate Spade's death, people are sharing how the designer touched their lives through fashion
- Kate Spade has died in an apparent suicide at 55. Here's the story behind the rise of her handbag empire.
- Kate Spade shared how she wanted to be remembered in a 2002 interview
- Kate Spade was totally detached from her namesake brand
- Kate Spade leaves behind her husband and business partner. Here's what we know about their relationship.
- Kate Spade's fans are reacting to her apparent suicide with reminders about mental health
- Celebrities and fashion industry figures are reacting to Kate Spade's apparent suicide
- A laid-off Microsoft software engineer on an H1-B visa said she wonders 'where will I be living' with just 60 days to find a new job
- A Google engineer found out she had been laid off while she was on vacation when her boss sent her a LinkedIn message
- World's richest person Bernard Arnault's fortune has increased by more than $33 billion this year
- WhatsApp rolls out ability to create avatars on iOS
- One in four users unaware of crypto cybercrime risks: Cybersecurity firm Kaspersky
- Telegram adds real-time message translation in its new update
- Global smartphone revenue fall by 9% in 2022: Counterpoint Research
- Ex-military ruler Pervez Musharraf dies in Dubai: Pak media