Rose McGowan turned herself in to police following felony drug charges - which she plans to fight
- Rose McGowan turned herself in on a felony drug charge, and was released on a $5,000 bond.
- McGowan and her lawyer believe the drugs found may have been planted.
Rose McGowan turned herself in on Tuesday in Virginia on a felony drug charge, according to numerous reports.
She was released on a $5,000 bond after being arrested and booked on a charge of possession of a controlled substance.
Police started the investigation after they found traces of narcotics in McGowan's personal belongings she left behind on a January 20 United flight arriving at Washington Dulles International Airport. McGowan is set to be arraigned on Thursday morning.
McGowan, who has become one of the leading voices in speaking out about sexual harassment and assault in Hollywood after accusing Harvey Weinstein of rape, tweeted this on Tuesday:
Following her release, McGowan told the New Yorker's Ronan Farrow that the drugs found in her belongings may have been planted.
"Depending on when and where the wallet was lost, individuals other than Ms. McGowan had access to the wallet for somewhere between approximately 5 hours 40 minutes and more than 11 hours," McGowan's lawyer Jim Hundley wrote to the Loudoun County Commonwealth's Attorney, also asking that the charges be dismissed.
After the warrant was issued in October, McGowan tweeted this:
"I will clearly plead not guilty," she told the New Yorker.
#CurrentMood pic.twitter.com/9IwQRy7na5- rose mcgowan (@rosemcgowan) November 15, 2017
Are they trying to silence me? There is a warrant out for my arrest in Virginia. What a load of HORSESHIT.- rose mcgowan (@rosemcgowan) October 30, 2017
- Crompton Greaves Consumer Electricals and kitchen appliance maker Butterfly announce merger
- ICMR comes up with first ethical guidelines for application of AI in biomedical research, healthcare
- Measures taken by IIFCL to keep bad loans under check: Parliamentary panel
- Microsoft adds 'AI-generated stories' to its Bing search
- Housing sales up 14% annually in Jan-Mar to 1.13 lakh units across top 7 cities: Anarock