Salesforce blows past earnings targets and forecasts a stronger than expected year
Salesforce (CRM) continued its upward climb in first quarter earnings on Tuesday with a major beat across the board that sent its stock up in after hours trading, despite downward trends across Wall Street.
Here's what the company reported:
- Revenue for the quarter (GAAP): Salesforce reported $3.01 billion. Analysts expected $2.94 billion.
- Earnings per share for the quarter (adjusted): Salesforce reported $0.74. Analysts expected $0.46.
- Revenue guidance for the year (GAAP): Salesforce expects $13.08 billion to $13.13 billion. Analysts expected $12.75 billion.
Salesforce's stock was up roughly 2.5% in after hours trading.
NOW WATCH: How to stop robocallers
- World Heart Day delights: Yoga, exercise, and heart-healthy living
- TCS retains No 1 spot as India’s top brand but tech sector takes a hit
- Brewing capital: Third Wave Coffee raises Series C funding with participation from existing investors
- Asian Paints' non-executive director Ashwin Dani passes away
- Mapping Zealandia: Scientists chart the tectonic secrets of Earth’s sunken 8th continent