Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff sounds like he's not interested in Twitter right now
In an analyst meeting held at Dreamforce on Wednesday, Benioff addressed some of the questions related to Twitter buyout rumors, although he didn't flat out deny anything.
"I think it's a great brand and I just wish Jack [Dorsey] very well...good on his company, that's how I look at it today," Benioff said.
Benioff did imply that he looked into the possibility of a Twitter deal, calling it an "unpolished jewel" at one point - a remark he reportedly has made in private as well, according to the Wall Street Journal.
"We look at everything, and we don't buy most things, and we haven't agreed to buy that company... it's an unpolished jewel," he said.
Benioff also reiterated that Salesforce has a very "disciplined M&A process," that involves the board and the whole management team, stressing that his company's stock went up most of the time after announcing acquisitions in the past.
"We will think through everything, but we would never do a deal that would ever do the kind of things that I've been reading in these emails, OK? I mean the kind of things I've been reading in the emails are so extreme, I'm like, Jesus, do they really think that we would do a deal at that level?" Benioff said, possibly referring to emails he's received from analysts questioning the rationale behind a Twitter deal.
Salesforce stock dropped as much as 8% Wednesday after it was reported that Benioff was seriously considering a Twitter acquisition. Twitter stock plunged almost 10% in after hours after it was reported that Google was not interested in buying the company.
- Girish Mathrubootham, the son of a retired bank officer who built a $13 billion company in just 10 years
- A couple who traveled to 48 states in an RV share 17 things they would never go on a trip without
- The Taliban is bringing back executions and cutting off hands as punishment after retaking control of Afghanistan
- Ethereum’s scaling issues strike again as TIME Magazine’s NFTs sell for 30 times their price
- Best baby swing cradle and chair in India
- China's FUD drags down Bitcoin, Ether and other cryptocurrencies yet again
- The India Chapter of the International Advertising Association elects Megha Tata as its President for a second term
- The beer ‘cartel’ of Kingfisher, Budweiser and Carlsberg have to cough up ₹870 crore in fines