Samsung has decided to release a 'Pirates of the Caribbean' Galaxy S8
In an unexpected move, Samsung has released a limited-edition "Pirates of the Caribbean"-themed Galaxy S8 in China.
The special edition phone is a marketing tie-in for Disney's new film, "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales" and ships in a skull-emblazoned treasure chest. Inside the box there is also a collectible ring.
When the case is attached to the phone, the UI will become Pirates-themed, complete with a new background and app icons.
The limited edition phone is only available on JD.com, and costs close to $900. There are no signs of a North American release, so if you want to get your hands on one you'll have to set sail to China.
- Cabinet approves royalty rates for mining of 12 critical minerals
- Paytm and Paytm Payments Bank mutually agree to discontinue various inter-company agreements
- Platinum Industries IPO allotment – How to check allotment, GMP, listing date and more
- Exicom Tele-Systems IPO allotment – How to check allotment, GMP, listing date and more
- India's GDP growth surges to 8.4% in Q3, 2023-24 growth rate pegged at robust 7.6%