Samsung's $2000 Galaxy Fold phones are breaking - here are some of the biggest smartphone fiascos over the years
- Several journalists are reporting that they're experiencing major issues with the Samsung Galaxy Fold, the first-ever foldable smartphone from a major manufacturer.
- It's just the latest smartphone fiasco, following a string of similar disasters like the iPhone "bendgate" scandal and Samsung's own issues with the Samsung Galaxy Note 7.
- Here are the biggest smartphone disasters of all time.
Samsung's foldable phone hasn't even officially hit stores, but the reviewers who have gotten their hands on the Galaxy Fold are already reporting major issues.
Samsung made units available to testers on Monday, ahead of the Galaxy Fold's release to the public on April 26. However, at least four reviewers have said that their phones are having issues, including screen failure and an odd swelling - making it possible that Samsung could delay the launch.
This fiasco-in-the-making is just the latest in a string of high-profile embarrassments for both Samsung and Apple.
These are some of the biggest smartphone fiascos of all time, from flammable devices to bendable iPhones:
Samsung Galaxy Fold's screen issues.
Samsung Galaxy Note 7 devices bursting into flames.
Apple's iPhone 6 Plus 'bendgate' scandal
Apple's iPhone 4 antenna problems.
- Sensex, Nifty slip for second day; FMCG, IT stocks drag
- Air India puts together 'huge financing deal' for new fleet: CEO
- Marine species including whales and dolphins under significant threat from noise pollution
- ITR filing: Your guide to Form 26AS and why you should check for TDS discrepancies
- A complete itinerary for your 3 days in Mount Abu