Samsung's $2000 Galaxy Fold phones are breaking - here are some of the biggest smartphone fiascos over the years
- Several journalists are reporting that they're experiencing major issues with the Samsung Galaxy Fold, the first-ever foldable smartphone from a major manufacturer.
- It's just the latest smartphone fiasco, following a string of similar disasters like the iPhone "bendgate" scandal and Samsung's own issues with the Samsung Galaxy Note 7.
- Here are the biggest smartphone disasters of all time.
Samsung's foldable phone hasn't even officially hit stores, but the reviewers who have gotten their hands on the Galaxy Fold are already reporting major issues.
Samsung made units available to testers on Monday, ahead of the Galaxy Fold's release to the public on April 26. However, at least four reviewers have said that their phones are having issues, including screen failure and an odd swelling - making it possible that Samsung could delay the launch.
This fiasco-in-the-making is just the latest in a string of high-profile embarrassments for both Samsung and Apple.
These are some of the biggest smartphone fiascos of all time, from flammable devices to bendable iPhones:
Samsung Galaxy Fold's screen issues.
Samsung Galaxy Note 7 devices bursting into flames.
Apple's iPhone 6 Plus 'bendgate' scandal
Apple's iPhone 4 antenna problems.
- TCS, Infosys, Wipro and other IT companies' dream run could be over, say analysts
- Top five safest cars in India with 5-star NCAP ratings
- Sensex down by 0.56%; Nifty IT, metal, media, pharma, PSU bank, and realty top losers among sectoral indices
- Ambassador era relic Hindustan Motors looking to make a comeback with electric vehicles
- Polygon and Binance swoop in to rescue projects running on Terra