SBI veteran OP Bhatt replaces Cyrus Mistry as the Chairman of Tata Steel
At the EGM, shareholders will vote to remove Mistry and
"The Board appointed the independent director as the Chairman keeping in mind principles of good corporate governance and to provide impartial leadership to the Company in its preparation and conduct of the EGM," the statement said.
The company said this decision was taken to also ensure stability in the larger interest of Tata Steel’s stakeholders including employees, trading partners, financial stakeholders and local community around its operations.
It also said that the decision to hold the EGM was taken at a board meeting on Friday, which was in pursuant to the notice dated November 10 it received from
Popular on BI
- I took a new job in a remote location after my divorce. There aren't many people to date, but I'm happy staying single.
- OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI. Here's how her team built her new chatbot.
- A boomer grandma advises on how to set boundaries with millennial kids when it comes to babysitting
- India's best relaxing holiday spots for peaceful retreats
- Inter-ministerial approval board can permit demarcation of non-processing area under IT sector SEZs
- Winter wellness: 10 Amla recipes to embrace this season
- ‘Confident’ Indians might splurge on big-ticket items in 2024
- Tata Power stock zooms ahead after brokerage on upgrade