SBI veteran OP Bhatt replaces Cyrus Mistry as the Chairman of Tata Steel
At the EGM, shareholders will vote to remove Mistry and
"The Board appointed the independent director as the Chairman keeping in mind principles of good corporate governance and to provide impartial leadership to the Company in its preparation and conduct of the EGM," the statement said.
The company said this decision was taken to also ensure stability in the larger interest of Tata Steel’s stakeholders including employees, trading partners, financial stakeholders and local community around its operations.
It also said that the decision to hold the EGM was taken at a board meeting on Friday, which was in pursuant to the notice dated November 10 it received from
Popular on BI
- A Google engineer found out she had been laid off while she was on vacation when her boss sent her a LinkedIn message
- A laid-off Microsoft software engineer on an H1-B visa said she wonders 'where will I be living' with just 60 days to find a new job
- Laid-off Google employees are turning to a Discord server with nearly 18,000 members for emotional support and financial advice
- India biggest exporter of vaccines, mobile phones: Union Minister Thakur
- 'Waste to wonder' park coming up in Agra
- Measures in place to address excess volatility: Sebi on Adani crisis
- Revival of rural economy to take time in the absence of triggers: JM Financial
- Logistics startup FarEye lays off 90 employees, 2nd job cut in 8 months