Scary wreck in NASCAR ends with a driver taken off on a stretcher
Fox Sports 1
A violent wreck with 60 laps to go in the Go Bowling 400 NASCAR race in Kansas left a lot of people holding their breath as Aric Almirola had to be pried from his car and removed on a stretcher.
The wreck started when something went wrong with Joey Logano's car and he took out Danica Patrick. After those two were involved, Almirola hit Logano hard, with his car shooting up into the air.
Almirola was conscious and communicating with personnel. However, rescue workers had to remove the top of his car and pry him loose.
Here is what Almirola's car looked like after they got him out and took him away on a stretcher.
Here is the replay.
Here is Danica's car, with Logano's car in the background.
Here is Almirola being taken away on a stretcher. He was eventually airlifted by helicopter to a local hospital. There is no update on his condition at this time.
- A 'hole' 30 times Earth's size has spread across the sun, blasting solar winds that'll hit our planet by end of this week
- Five planets will stage a rare spectacular event in the night sky on March 28
- Finland is offering free vacations for people to come and learn how to be happy after being named the happiest country in the world
- Torrent Investments not to participate in 2nd auction for Reliance Capital; Hinduja sole bidder
- Climate change threatening tea sector globally: ITA
- Over 23,000 techies lose jobs in nearly 82 Indian startups to date
- Scientists create car parts from lemons, corn, almonds and pomegranates that are better than traditional parts
- Cabinet clears dearness allowance hike by 4%