ScoopWhoop founder Suparn Pandey accused of sexual harassment by former employee; FIR filed
It was only last month that Arunabh Kumar, CEO and founder of digital media company The Viral Fever (
Also read: Harassment at TVF: more women open up against founder Arunabh Kumar
The complaint was filed at Vasant Kunj (South) police station south Delhi last month, in which the woman, a former employee at ScoopWhoop alleged that Pandey touched her inappropriately and sent her suggestive videos.
Pandey has been booked for sexual harassment, using word or gesture to outrage the modesty of a woman and criminal intimidation.
The complainant has also said that she reported the matter to the office administration, but no action was taken.
Also read: The casual attitude to Sexual Harassment in Startups and its women casualties
In an official statement, ScoopWhoop said, "We are extending full cooperation to the police to conduct a full and fair investigation into the matter."
"ScoopWhoop strongly condemns any kind of harassment at the workplace. We work towards ensuring a safe and secure workplace for all our employees and take any complaints of harassment extremely seriously...We are fully prepared to accept the findings of the investigations and dutifully take the necessary action if found guilty," the statement said.
AdvertisementAlso read: Why I quit Uber: A response to Susan Fowler's story
Popular on BI
- Grit, tears, joy: Novak Djokovic claims his 10th Australian Open crown, moves closer to ending the GOAT debate
- Manu Kumar Jain departs from Xiaomi, nearly a decade after working for the Chinese smartphone maker
- L&T reports ₹2,553 crore Q3 net profit, sees boost from major private capex investments
- Tech Mahindra’s Q3 net profit slips 5.2% on year to ₹1,297 crore
- Rumors suggest OnePlus is testing V Fold and V Flip foldable smartphones