ScoopWhoop founder Suparn Pandey accused of sexual harassment by former employee; FIR filed
It was only last month that Arunabh Kumar, CEO and founder of digital media company The Viral Fever (
Also read: Harassment at TVF: more women open up against founder Arunabh Kumar
The complaint was filed at Vasant Kunj (South) police station south Delhi last month, in which the woman, a former employee at ScoopWhoop alleged that Pandey touched her inappropriately and sent her suggestive videos.
Pandey has been booked for sexual harassment, using word or gesture to outrage the modesty of a woman and criminal intimidation.
The complainant has also said that she reported the matter to the office administration, but no action was taken.
Also read: The casual attitude to Sexual Harassment in Startups and its women casualties
In an official statement, ScoopWhoop said, "We are extending full cooperation to the police to conduct a full and fair investigation into the matter."
"ScoopWhoop strongly condemns any kind of harassment at the workplace. We work towards ensuring a safe and secure workplace for all our employees and take any complaints of harassment extremely seriously...We are fully prepared to accept the findings of the investigations and dutifully take the necessary action if found guilty," the statement said.
AdvertisementAlso read: Why I quit Uber: A response to Susan Fowler's story
Popular on BI
- From usernames to secret codes for locked chats, here are the upcoming WhatsApp features
- Coal sector PSUs poised to cross ₹21,030 crore Capex target for 2023-24
- Stock markets snap six-day rally; Sensex slumps over 400 points
- From Lathmar Holi to Jallikattu: India's most unusual festivals
- Orient Technologies files draft papers with Sebi to mop-up funds via IPO