See BuzzFeed CEO Jonah Peretti in person - and hear him preach on the new age of advertising at IGNITION 2015
Reuters Pictures/Brendan McDermid
Jonah Peretti, BuzzFeed's founder and CEO, is the mastermind behind its success.
Once known for just lists and memes, BuzzFeed is the little startup that could, and would.
It's evolved from a time suck to a formidable news and entertainment outlet, commanding 4 billion pageviews and 1.5 billion video views across its myriad channels as of September 2015.
On hand to discuss his career of digital domination at IGNITION: The Future of Digital, Peretti, who cofounded The Huffington Post, will join INSIDER editor-in-chief Nicholas Carlson for a one-on-one interview Tuesday, December 8, at the Time Warner Center in New York City.
For Peretti and BuzzFeed, 2015 has been a year of momentous growth. Many steps have been taken to beef up the company's motion-pictures division, and Peretti's made equal attempts to get serious - even political, with native advertising that's attracted the likes of US President Barack Obama, US Sen. Ted Cruz, Republican presidential candidate Carly Fiorina, and more. A decided push, no doubt, that comes ahead of what will be a hard-fought fight for the millennial vote in the 2016 presidential election.
Oh, and this August's $200 million in funding from NBCUniversal hasn't cramped his style, either.
Join 750-plus industry professionals and learn how Peretti pioneered a business model that managed to eschew traditional banner ads by leading the charge in the native-advertising revolution this December 8-9 at IGNITION: The Future of Digital. Get your tickets now.
- Elon Musk reportedly told workers at his brain-chip startup to imagine they had bombs strapped to their heads to make them work faster
- Cristiano Ronaldo is now causing trouble for Portugal at the World Cup after his dramatic Manchester United exit
- BHEL among 5 bidders for Rs 58,000 cr deal to manufacture, maintain 200 Vande Bharat trains
- Best sofa set under ₹15000
- Best washing machine under ₹15000
- Only half of Indian listed companies set net carbon emissions commitments: WTW
- Indian beauty brand RENÉE Cosmetics raises $25 million in Series B funding led by Evolvence India, Edelweiss Group
- Sensex, Nifty50 end lower as caution looms ahead of RBI’s rate hike decision