Shares of Hortonworks crashed over 25% after a huge miss on earnings and an exec departure
Here are the important numbers reported by Hortonworks:
- Revenue of $43.6 million versus Wall Street expectations of $45.26 million
- Loss per share of $0.72 versus Wall Street expectations of $0.70.
Plus, Hortonworks has also announced that company president Herb Cunitz will be departing, as reported by SiliconAngle. That report also indicates that Hortonworks is placing the blame for the earnings miss on certain deals that didn't close as expected.
Meanwhile, Talend, a provider of similar software and solutions as Hortonworks, held a successful IPO in late July, soaring 50% in first-day trading after debuting at $18.
- Gen Z faces more pressure at work than previous generations because technology has eliminated work-life boundaries, a psychology professor says
- All 81 movies based on Marvel comics, ranked according to critics
- EY and Deloitte are scrutinizing staff workloads and quietly letting some workers go, report says
- Indian tablet market down by 24.9% in 2023, Samsung leads the market
- Bad air might indirectly be a major culprit behind suicide-related spike, Chinese study finds
- ABB India shares zoom over 9% after earnings announcement
- Jungle Ventures infuses another $20 mn in Indian ice cream brand Walko Food
- Fintech personal loans log 62% of sanction volumes in FY24 first half in India: FACE report