Shervin Pishevar talks about Indian startups and Hyperloop One, which can propel India to become the next superpower
The expansive Indian Railways network is the pride of the nation. With rapid urbanization and population growth comes great responsibilities and while the infrastructure is being ramped up, the demand and supply scale is clearly tilted on the demand side.
Pishevar is a well-known investor from
He believes that this technology can allow you to work and live anywhere in India, easily.
ALSO READ: Hyperloop One launches 'Vision for India' where travel time from Bengaluru to Chennai could become 20 mins if executed
What is Hyperloop?
Hyperloop One is a company spearheading this idea and was founded in June 2014. It currently has 240 employees.
Hyperloop has 4 key differences compared high-speed trains:
o It’s faster, as in two to three times faster than the fastest high-speed rail.
Advertisemento It’s on-demand. Hyperloop leaves when you’re ready to go, with departures as frequent as every 20 seconds
o It’s environmentally friendly, with a smaller civil engineering footprint, more efficient energy consumption and no direct emissions or noise which makes it less intrusive
How does it work?
• Passengers and cargo are loaded into the Hyperloop pod and accelerate gradually via electric propulsion through a low-pressure tube. The pod quickly lifts above the track using magnetic levitation and glides at airline speeds for long distances due to ultra-low aerodynamic drag.
• Hyperloop One is fully autonomous and enclosed, eliminating pilot error and weather hazards. It’s safe and clean, with no direct carbon emissions.
• Hyperloop One is additive to all existing forms of transportation and will integrate seamlessly into the existing transport ecosystem.
How soon will it become reality?
• Construction is well underway on a full-scale Development Loop (
Advertisement• Hyperloop One plans to hold its public tests in 2017. The goal is to have three systems in service by 2021.
• Capital cost per mile of Hyperloop system is 60% that of high-speed rail and it would be less expensive to operate.
• Ticket prices will depend greatly on the route but the goal is to make it affordable for everyone.
Pishevar said that India is a superpower when it comes to brainpower, “Some of most brilliant minds are in India. While many of them went to
He says that strategically it makes sense for them to come to India as this transformative technology can really change lives of the population. The company hopes to get one of the routes live by 2020 which due to the sheer investment and permissions needed for the project, will be outside of the US.
Pishevar who is a popular angel investor and co-founder of
AdvertisementALSO READ: BI Investigation: Business models akin to
Hyperloop One Global Challenge
Hyperloop One conducted one global challenge to invite people to send in ideas about which routes would be suitable for their region, globally.
They got thousands of submissions and they got the maximum from India at 125 submissions. There were five team finalists from India and they’re representing different routes such as:
• Infi-Alpha - Bengaluru to Chennai: 334 km in 20 minutes. Meeting the demand of a passenger and freight super-corridor growing at 15% a year. Connects with major airports.
Popular on BI
- Migration to other social media platforms shows no signs of slowing following Elon Musk's chaotic takeover at Twitter, report says
- BHEL among 5 bidders for Rs 58,000 cr deal to manufacture, maintain 200 Vande Bharat trains
- Max Financial Services: Company worth ₹24,000 crore running with only 12 employees
- DroneAcharya AI IPO set to open next week on December 13; GMP at ₹25 per share
- Low pressure mounts over Andaman Sea, heavy rain expected to lash TN
- New Indian sustainable jet fuel technology could cut aviation emissions by 80%
- From digital shagun at a wedding to digital donation — unique use cases for Paytm go viral on social media
- Delhi HC seeks RBI stand on PIL seeking uniform banking code for foreign exchange transactions
- Jio Haptik
- Reliance Jio
- Digital Nomad Visa
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Droneacharya Aerial IPO
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Kama Holdings
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World