Shervin Pishevar talks about Indian startups and Hyperloop One, which can propel India to become the next superpower
View all Offers
View all Offers
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Gray Sierra, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Extra upto Rs.1000 off on Exchange₹ 29999Buy On
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Blue Haze, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Extra upto Rs.1000 off on Exchange₹ 29999Buy On
- 19% OFF
Redmi Note 10 (Aqua Green, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) -Amoled Dot Display | 48MP Sony Sensor IMX582 | Snapdragon 678 Processor₹ 12999₹ 15999Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9A (Nature Green, 2GB RAM, 32GB Storage) | 2GHz Octa-core Helio G25 Processor | 5000 mAh Battery₹ 6999₹ 8499Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9 (Carbon Black, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) | 2.3GHz Mediatek Helio G35 Octa core Processor₹ 8999₹ 10999Buy On
The expansive Indian Railways network is the pride of the nation. With rapid urbanization and population growth comes great responsibilities and while the infrastructure is being ramped up, the demand and supply scale is clearly tilted on the demand side.
TOP VIDEOS FOR YOU
AdvertisementPishevar is a well-known investor from
He believes that this technology can allow you to work and live anywhere in India, easily.
ALSO READ: Hyperloop One launches 'Vision for India' where travel time from Bengaluru to Chennai could become 20 mins if executed
What is Hyperloop?
Hyperloop One is a company spearheading this idea and was founded in June 2014. It currently has 240 employees.
AdvertisementHyperloop has 4 key differences compared high-speed trains:
o It’s faster, as in two to three times faster than the fastest high-speed rail.
o It’s on-demand. Hyperloop leaves when you’re ready to go, with departures as frequent as every 20 seconds
o It’s environmentally friendly, with a smaller civil engineering footprint, more efficient energy consumption and no direct emissions or noise which makes it less intrusive
How does it work?
• Passengers and cargo are loaded into the Hyperloop pod and accelerate gradually via electric propulsion through a low-pressure tube. The pod quickly lifts above the track using magnetic levitation and glides at airline speeds for long distances due to ultra-low aerodynamic drag.
• Hyperloop One is fully autonomous and enclosed, eliminating pilot error and weather hazards. It’s safe and clean, with no direct carbon emissions.
• Hyperloop One is additive to all existing forms of transportation and will integrate seamlessly into the existing transport ecosystem.
How soon will it become reality?
• Construction is well underway on a full-scale Development Loop (
Advertisement• Hyperloop One plans to hold its public tests in 2017. The goal is to have three systems in service by 2021.
• Capital cost per mile of Hyperloop system is 60% that of high-speed rail and it would be less expensive to operate.
• Ticket prices will depend greatly on the route but the goal is to make it affordable for everyone.
Pishevar said that India is a superpower when it comes to brainpower, “Some of most brilliant minds are in India. While many of them went to
AdvertisementHe says that strategically it makes sense for them to come to India as this transformative technology can really change lives of the population. The company hopes to get one of the routes live by 2020 which due to the sheer investment and permissions needed for the project, will be outside of the US.
Pishevar who is a popular angel investor and co-founder of
ALSO READ: BI Investigation: Business models akin to
AdvertisementHyperloop One Global Challenge
Hyperloop One conducted one global challenge to invite people to send in ideas about which routes would be suitable for their region, globally.
They got thousands of submissions and they got the maximum from India at 125 submissions. There were five team finalists from India and they’re representing different routes such as:
• Infi-Alpha - Bengaluru to Chennai: 334 km in 20 minutes. Meeting the demand of a passenger and freight super-corridor growing at 15% a year. Connects with major airports.
- Droom founder explains why he is considering a US IPO and where he intends to spend the money
- 21 new COVID-19 cases reported at Tokyo Olympics, no athletes among them
- Tokyo Olympics: Vandana's hat-trick keeps India's quarter final hopes alive in women's hockey
- The Tokyo Olympics are a hive of NFT activity — from pins to moments to artwork
- Twitter is rolling out an update to make Twitter Spaces easier to share and discover