Shiv Sena Election Results Lok Sabha 2019: Shiv Sena leads in Maharashtra
However, Neta-News X and News-Nielsen forecast the alliance might fall short of a few seats for majority with 242 and 267 seats predicted by them for the alliance respectively. While Neta-NewsX has predicted the lowest number of seats for the alliance at 242 constituencies, Chanakya has forecasted about 350 seats, the maximum for the alliance announced by any exit poll agency for 2019 Lok Sabha election result. The Chanakya exit poll has also forecasted a clean sweep for the BJP led alliance in the states of Gujarat, Haryana, Uttarakhand and Delhi where they might win all the 26, 10, 5 and 7 seats respectively.
In 2014 general elections for the Lok Sabha, the results were favorable to the BJP with the party and its alliance winning a clear majority in the parliament by bagging 282 seats out of 543. This number was 166 seats more than what the alliance scored in 2009 parliamentary elections. There are 269 sitting MPs representing the BJP and 18 MPs representing Shiv Sena in the Lok Sabha formed after 2014 election result in addition to the MPs of their allies in NDA.
The key candidates of BJP include the Prime Minister
Popular on BI
- Volvo Car India rejigs management team
- EC ropes in banks, post offices to spread voter awareness ahead of LS polls
- Experts suggest regulatory reassessment to boost fintech sector and ease compliance burden
- SUVs to drive passenger vehicle volume 5-7% next financial year: Crisil
- M&A deal value in India drops 27% in 2023 says Deloitte report