Shopify enables iMessage Business Chat: Connects 800k merchants to buyers
- Apple’s iMessage Business Chat expands to integrate more services
- Ecommerce platform Shopify will integrate the iMessage button on every Shopify store
- Users will be able to complete the commercial transaction on Shopify using the seamlessly integrated Apple Pay feature
Select Shopify merchants, Watch retailer Hodinkee and State Bicycle are already said to have integrated the business chat feature.
To further enable a seamless purchasing experience, users will be able to complete the transaction using Apple Pay.
Highlighting the benefits of offering real-time communication, Shopify said in a blog post, “We know that customers who engage in a conversation with a brand are nearly three times as likely to complete a purchase.”
“Live chat also creates a personal connection between a brand and the customer which builds trust and makes them more likely to come back,”, the company further added.
Apple Business Chat was launched in 2018 as a mode for consumers to communicate directly on Apple’s iMessage platform. That platform rolled out across the United States and over a dozen countries around the world.
Popular on BI
- Google’s birthday: Here's a look at the significant milestones in Google's 23-year history
- Aditya Birla AMC IPO’s grey market premium stands at ₹70 per share; up 10% from issue price band
- WATCH: "Someone said I am good enough to be a rickshaw puller," shares Freshworks CEO Girish Mathrubootham in a candid chat
- MyGlamm has set aside $100 million to acquire 6 beauty and personal care brands under new entity
- After Moderna chief, Pfizer CEO says COVID-19 likely to end in a year
- Like many 23-year-olds, Google is facing ‘trust’ issues
- COVID-19: Mizoram's positivity rate at 32% after 1,659 new cases registered in the state
- IPL 2021: Mumbai Indians slips down to seventh spot after losing a match to RCB