Silicon Valley VC Tom Perkins Still Thinks 'The Parallel Holds' Between Persecution Of Jews And The 1%
After making his initial statements in the WSJ, Perkins apologized for using the word "Kristallnacht."
But he didn't back off from the sentiment of the argument, which is that the rich are a minority and have been villainized. And he continued to hold onto the sentiment during his interview with Fortune's Adam Lashinksy on Thursday night.
Mother Jones reporter Josh Harkinson tweeted throughout the night. Here are some highlights:
Perkins: "I think the parallel holds" between persecution of Jews in Germany and the 1% in US. #DiggingAHole- Josh Harkinson (@JoshHarkinson) February 14, 2014
Perkins on class resentment: "San Francisco does not like becoming a suburb of Silicon Valley, and that is what's happened."- Josh Harkinson (@JoshHarkinson) February 14, 2014
Perkins: "If Germany had American gun laws, there would have never been a Hitler" #inforumSF Audience murmurs: "What?!"- Josh Harkinson (@JoshHarkinson) February 14, 2014
"The Tom Perkins system is you don't get to vote unless you pay $1 in taxes" and "if you pay $1M in taxes you get 1 million votes"- Josh Harkinson (@JoshHarkinson) February 14, 2014
Watch the entire interview here:
- Best face wash for men in India
- Bajaj in top gear, Hero flat while Maruti declines – here’s how Indian auto cos performed in June 2022
- Revenge shopping and revenge travelling trends are simmering down in India
- Bengaluru, Delhi, Hyderabad, and Mumbai among top-20 cities in Asia-Pacific for sustainable commercial real estate
- Sensex gains 327 points on firm global markets and buying in index majors